2019 NHL Draft

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

John Hoven one of the Kings Bloggers, the One who was correct about TMac this AM, reports that the Kings might be willing to move down between to 6-10. Any player worth moving up for from 7th? Alex Turcotte comes to mind depending on the price of course. 

Sounds like there isn’t too much of a difference in quality between 4 and 7.  I wonder what the ask would be.  

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

If I remember correctly, NHL Central Scouting loves size.

I could swear I read a piece within the past month or so that said Central Scouting has actively downgraded the amount of weight it gives size in its rankings.

Wish I could remember where. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Agreed but not impossible. 

If they are all off the board that means we will have our choice between Pod and Byrum.

I’d sprint to the podium for Pod, and like Byrum a lot. Forget the Russian factor, Pod is a stud.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

If they are all off the board that means we will have our choice between Pod and Byrum.

I’d sprint to the podium for Pod, and like Byrum a lot. Forget the Russian factor, Pod is a stud.

Keep in mind Pod is signed to a khl deal through 2021

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Keep in mind Pod is signed to a khl deal through 2021

Let him stay in Russia for 2 years.  He will come over at age 20, NHL ready.  

I wouldn’t really worry about the “Russian Factor”, this guy could be an NHL star.

1 minute ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Let him stay in Russia for 2 years.  He will come over at age 20, NHL ready.  

I wouldn’t really worry about the “Russian Factor”, this guy could be an NHL star.

Or he could stay in Russia and be a KHL star. He'll make more on his deal there then on an entry level here. Let's see what we learn about him at the combine. 

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Or he could stay in Russia and be a KHL star. He'll make more on his deal there then on an entry level here. Let's see what we learn about him at the combine. 

I guess you really never know.  It will depend on how Sabres (and other teams) feel about him after interviews and all their background work.

Are there examples of truly high end players, top-10 draft picks who have decided to just stay in Russia?  I think it’s very uncommon.  I might have do some digging on this.