NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Zamboni

7 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Does anyone think there is a chance that Laviolette is relieved of his duties as head coach if Dallas beats Nashville?

Because that is a guy that should be perused heavily if he becomes available.

Agree.  

What if he hires Phil as an assistant?  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I want a coach that is a character.  He has to be a bit mean and cranky and sarcastic too.   Like Torts, Laviolette, Julien, Trotz ... you know.

No more cebrebral types that are stuck on a system.  

So you want Tim Murray the coach?

I'm not sold on Laviolette.

The guy has led teams but his only Stanley Cup win was a fluke.  Other than that he's been fired for NOT getting the job done despite having a talented roster.

Think about it.  Advocating for a guy, who despite Nashville's roster, could not win the Stanley Cup against Pittsburgh and would have just lost to Dallas.

23 minutes ago, LTS said:

The guy has led teams but his only Stanley Cup win was a fluke.  Other than that he's been fired for NOT getting the job done despite having a talented roster.

Think about it.  Advocating for a guy, who despite Nashville's roster, could not win the Stanley Cup against Pittsburgh and would have just lost to Dallas.

I would hire Lavy in a heartbeat.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm somewhat in a agreement with Ham Sandwich, especially on the old guard stuff.  We just need someone who can coach.  I've been going over Sheldon Keefe's bio and I like the guy.  I like the idea of taking him away from the Leaves organization.  I would not want to lose Taylor, though, so I would hire Keefe and give Taylor a raise and do anything else to keep him around for a while.  Keefe kind of reminds me of Bowman - not record or ability-wise, just from watching him in interviews.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I thought team only said no if it was going to be a lateral move. 

Unfortunately NHL Teams can block teams from interviewing their personnel. 

However Keefe does have an out clause in his new deal for a NHL HC Gig, the question becomes can Dubas block any teams under the terms of his new deal?

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I don't think Laviolette has had a really good Nashville roster. Their best forward had 64 pts. Same last year. Nashville has for a long time has had the problem of lacking true high end offensive talent. 

Since the last lockout, Nashville has not had a player with more than 64pts. 

Think about that when people bash Eichel and Reinhart. 

Eichel: 64pts and 82pts in the last 2 years

Reinhart: 50pts and 65pts

Both players would be the most productive player on Nashville since the last lockout if we used this years points. Eichel would be 18 points higher than any player who has suited up for Nashville in years. 

10 hours ago, tom webster said:

For what it’s worth, I overheard a conversation that seemed to indicate that a Sandelin was at least approached. To be honest, at the time I didn’t even know who he was.

Minnesota Duluth junior wing Riley Tufte is heading to the NHL, but his coach with the Bulldogs says he is staying put.

“I’m not looking for any opportunity,” UMD coach Scott Sandelin said Wednesday during his final news conference of the season at Amsoil Arena.

...per this article.  Later in the article though:

“If somebody calls me, I'll listen,” Sandelin said.

Edited by Doohickie

9 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Nashville just has an elite D-Corps.  Their forwards are not elite scorers.  

Nashville has drafted 2 forwards in the first round since 2013. Tolvanen and Fiala. They have drafted just 3 other forwards in the top 2 rounds since 2013. 

On defense they have: 4 players in the first 2 rounds. Granted they have only had 4 first round picks since 2013. Still, you can see why they don't exactly have much offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Sounds like he has an open mind, that's at the least encouraging 

Sounds like he has no clue what he wants.  That's a bit discouraging.

#Perspective
#BecauseBuffalo

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1