NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Zamboni

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Dreger mentioned that Keefe will have a short window to interview with teams once his season is over. 

Friedman has some good reasons why Keefe would stay put as he is the next head coach of the Leafs.  The question becomes is he willing to possibly wait four years for the role.  A solid offer for a HC Position maybe better than the promise of one. Friedman mentioned his salary for the Marlies is probably north 400,000. Even if they go to a million, the Sabres can match or beat his salary. It comes down to whether coaching Eichel and Dahlin is considered an ideal situation. 

Lance Lykowski for the News mentioned there were some talks with Nate Leaman at the Frozen Four. 

He could take the Sabres job, get fired after 2 seasons as you do, and then take over the Leafs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I've been giving Bott the benefit of the doubt on most of whats been going on.  I am getting really concerned that he is waiting waaaay to long to make this decision.  I really liked Gronborg and was hoping he would be the next coach.  He probably would have been the only first time NHL coach that I feel could have turned the club around.    

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Patty16 said:

Did anyone report the Sabres had actual interest in Gronborg?  It seemed like it was generated solely from WGR. 

If Botts wants NHL experience that would seem to rule out Keefe too.  

And on that note, did Gronborg interview anywhere else?

• Like (+1) 1

So various “sources” and “journalists” interested in clicks ... put out tweets. Many believe the tweets or strongly think it has validity and merit. 

Then when tweet turns out to not be 100% true (shocking, I know!) then those same fans get upset because they believed the original tweet was true. Rinse, repeat. 

I find a lot of tweets of “hockey people in the know” and from “sources” are just red meat for fans that create clicks for them. To hell with truth.

Edited by Zamboni

41 minutes ago, Patty16 said:

Did anyone report the Sabres had actual interest in Gronborg?  It seemed like it was generated solely from WGR. 

If Botts wants NHL experience that would seem to rule out Keefe too.  

Per Friedman Keefe is of interest to the Sabres because of what he has done in the AHL, despite his lack of NHL Coaching Experience.

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So various “sources” and “journalists” interested in clicks ... put out tweets. Many believe the tweets or strongly think it has validity and merit. 

Then when tweet turns out to not be 100% true (shocking, I know!) then those same fans get upset because they believed the original tweet was true. Rinse, repeat. 

I find a lot of tweets of “hockey people in the know” and from “sources” are just red meat for fans that create clicks for them. To hell with truth.

It gives the fans something to talk about on Twitter and Message Boards. The issue as you mentioned is a segment of The Sabres Fanbase lives and dies with every tweet or post. 

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Per Friedman Keefe is of interest to the Sabres because of what he has done in the AHL, despite his lack of NHL Coaching Experience.

It gives the fans something to talk about on Twitter and Message Boards. The issue as you mentioned is a segment of The Sabres Fanbase lives and dies with every tweet or post. 

Thanks. 

It just seems like Gronborg was never really reported as being an actual candidate, just something brought up by the fans.  

Keefe played in the NHL but wonder if that would be enough for Bott

4 minutes ago, Patty16 said:

Thanks. 

It just seems like Gronborg was never really reported as being an actual candidate, just something brought up by the fans.  

Keefe has won at every level, he and Dubas were my Dream Team in 2017 to replace GMTM and DD. 

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yep. The ZSC Lions.

I'm pretty sure you realize what I was asking.  I don't remember seeing anything that suggested any NHL team was looking at him.  Then again, I haven't exactly been looking for these stories.

Ryan Lambert, who covers the NHL for Yahoo, was on with Schopp and Bulldog yesterday. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/05-08-ryan-lambert-yahoo-sports-schopp-and-bulldog

FWIW, Lambert said, among other things, that most NHL observers think MacL used the Sabres to get a better deal out of LA, and that he thinks the Sabres' job isn't super-attractive due to years of suckitude.

My impression is that Lambert isn't as plugged-in as Friedman or some others, but he's not a bozo either.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

FWIW, Lambert said, among other things, that most NHL observers think MacL used the Sabres to get a better deal out of LA, and that he thinks the Sabres' job isn't super-attractive due to years of suckitude.

I agree with that up to the better deal thing.  The perception thing may be real, but I think in TMac's case he never really wanted to leave the west coast.

59 minutes ago, Patty16 said:

Thanks. 

I don’t think Gronberg was first  “brought up by the fans”. 

If one has the energy to do some digging and dumpster diving ... I believe it was a “source” or “sports journalist” tweet.

Get ready for Martin like it or not? Who else is there with NHL experience? If Tippett isn't in our future then Martin is about the only name that's been mentioned with NHL experience. I know that's not popular but who else?