NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Zamboni

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, because he had RS success with a Yashin led squad and Botterill knows him from Pittsburgh, he's a top candidate?

Is there more reason for him to be a lead in the mix?

no.

Edited by LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, because he had RS success with a Yashin led squad and Botterill knows him from Pittsburgh, he's a top candidate?

Is there more reason for him to be a lead in the mix?

The guy has a lot of experience, won a lot. What criteria being discussed doesn't he meet?

• Like (+1) 1

The only thing I really didn't want was an old retread coach.  Not only that but he's like the 3rd or 4th retread option even available.  At this point you hope a team overreacts and fires a good but Round 1 losing coach or you go with Keefe or Smith.  Won't even be excited with Keefe or Smith until they actually turn it around but if they hire JM would be about the only way I would be disappointed.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Derrico said:

The only thing I really didn't want was an old retread coach.  Not only that but he's like the 3rd or 4th retread option even available.  At this point you hope a team overreacts and fires a good but Round 1 losing coach or you go with Keefe or Smith.  Won't even be excited with Keefe or Smith until they actually turn it around but if they hire JM would be about the only way I would be disappointed.

Unfortunately, I just JBotts knows he’s on the hot seat now. This is his last coaching hire. People in these types of situations usually act differently than they did when they were hired. There’s no more taking chances, like Housley. I bet he goes for a self-preservation safe pick, like JM. He’s not spectacular or a sexy pick, but he won’t likely get you fired because they’ll make the playoffs (and that’s about it). 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Unfortunately, I just JBotts knows he’s on the hot seat now. This is his last coaching hire. People in these types of situations usually act differently than they did when they were hired. There’s no more taking chances, like Housley. I bet he goes for a self-preservation safe pick, like JM. He’s not spectacular or a sexy pick, but he won’t likely get you fired because they’ll make the playoffs (and that’s about it). 

If he hires Jacques Martin, he shouldn't last a day longer on the job.  Last coaching hire indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

Legitimate question:  Why is Jacques Martin a bad coaching choice?  I want actual reasons relating directly to Martin himself.

Just to clarify, I’m not in favor of Martin, but I would like to hear actual opinions of him as a coach.

Edited by Curtisp5286

9 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Legitimate question:  Why is Jacques Martin a bad coaching choice?  I want actual reasons relating directly to Martin himself.

Just to clarify, I’m not in favor of Martin, but I would like to hear actual opinions of him as a coach.

Older re-re-re-tread with no history of real success.

• Like (+1) 1