NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Zamboni

14 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I still don’t remember but would like to see it so if you have s source I’d appreciate it 

I remember it as well.  And it was discussed here.  I know Risto is labeled as relatively uncoachable, but I think he's only one of several young players with that particular affliction.

Edited by Weave

11 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Just heard it, thanks. Said screw it and tried to incorporate what he knows works for him into the system the team was playing. 

Yes, I believe it was more a decision to play “his game” and fit that into the system, as opposed to trying to be a robot within the system.  He has been a much more effective hockey player since, so it definitely seems to be working.

Unless you want to assume the worst about every situation.  In that case you can just assume that Reinhart meant “Screw the coaches, I’ll do whatever I want, whenever I want.”  But I hope that we collectively are more nuanced than that.

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Just heard it, thanks. Said screw it and tried to incorporate what he knows works for him into the system the team was playing. 

Spitballin' here.

That attempt to play 100% true to the system the 1st 20 games, then saying '#### it' while trying to work what works for him into the coach's system COULD be why he always plays like ### at the beginning of the season, then picks up significantly after Thanksgiving.

Oh I remember that quote.  He also said something about the goalies having to make a save once in a while.  Every once in a while he speaks his mind and it's not politically correct, even if he is right.  I think that's called leadership.

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Posting a link to a subscription service without any further info is just dumb.

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh I remember that quote.  He also said something about the goalies having to make a save once in a while.  Every once in a while he speaks his mind and it's not politically correct, even if he is right.  I think that's called leadership.

Posting a link to a subscription service without any further info is just dumb.

While I agree, I feel like everyone on this board would enjoy a subscription to the athletic. 

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

While I agree, I feel like everyone on this board would enjoy a subscription to the athletic. 

Perhaps. 

I think it would benefit way more posters on this forum if one is to link an athletic article, they should also cut n paste key points or the entire article (if not too large). So there can be a discussion about the link/article. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Perhaps. 

I think it would benefit way more posters on this forum if one is to link an athletic article, they should also cut n paste key points or the entire article (if not too large). So there can be a discussion about the link/article. 

I’m pretty sure SDS has said in the past that we aren’t supposed to copy and paste entire articles. However, simply pasting a link doesn’t do much to contribute to conversation, even for subscribers. And while I don’t mind copy and pasting when it’s convenient, some might not want give away what they pay for for free. 

Edited by #freejame

3 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’m pretty sure SDS has said in the past that we aren’t supposed to copy and paste entire articles. However, simply pasting a link doesn’t do much to contribute to conversation, even for subscribers. And while I don’t mind copy and pasting when it’s convenient, some might not want give away what they pay for for free. 

Oh I get that. (Which is why I said if it’s not too large). Like under 500 characters isn’t too large to post. It’s not a large wall of text that goes on and on.

And if one doesn’t want to do that. Just post key points. Like an outline with a handful of points to chew on to discuss with everyone. 

Lastly, if someone doesn’t want to post things that they pay for, then maybe they shouldn’t post links to the athletic to begin with. It helps or informs a very small amount of posters. Kinda stunts discussion. Just my POV.

i know if I had the athletic, and wanted to bring the discussion here, I would make it a point to just bring in key discussion points for all to see/debate. Without it being an annoying wall of text.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Oh I get that. (Which is why I said if it’s not too large). Like under 500 characters isn’t too large to post. It’s not a large wall of text that goes on and on.

And if one doesn’t want to do that. Just post key points. Like an outline with a handful of points to chew on to discuss with everyone. 

Lastly, if someone doesn’t want to post things that they pay for, then maybe they shouldn’t post links to the athletic to begin with. It helps or informs a very small amount of posters. Kinda stunts discussion. Just my POV.

i know if I had the athletic, and wanted to bring the discussion here, I would make it a point to just bring in key discussion points for all to see/debate. Without it being an annoying wall of text.

The bold is what I typically see happen, though others may disagree. I more or less agree with the rest of your opinion. 

58 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Perhaps. 

Please do not do this.  Thanks.

55 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I’m pretty sure SDS has said in the past that we aren’t supposed to copy and paste entire articles.

41 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

The size of the article behind the paywall is not the issue.  Hosting pirated content makes the host potentially liable. 

Correct. 

11 hours ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Yes, I believe it was more a decision to play “his game” and fit that into the system, as opposed to trying to be a robot within the system.  He has been a much more effective hockey player since, so it definitely seems to be working.

Unless you want to assume the worst about every situation.  In that case you can just assume that Reinhart meant “Screw the coaches, I’ll do whatever I want, whenever I want.”  But I hope that we collectively are more nuanced than that.

If I was coaching Reinhart... I would probably tell him basically to just play how he wants after I teach him my system. He's adaptable.

19 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Athletic Article listed the usual suspects for HC Positions. Gronberg was linked to the Sabres for the first time 

Did you read the comments on Gronberg? Some were questioning how he has used Dahlin. 

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If I was coaching Reinhart... I would probably tell him basically to just play how he wants after I teach him my system. He's adaptable.

Did you read the comments on Gronberg? Some were questioning how he has used Dahlin. 

His usage in the Olympics, especially against lower level talent, was quite concerning. 

I hope it’s not Gronberg or Taylor TBH 

• Like (+1) 1

So who are we thinking?  It sounded like botts wanted an experienced guy but to me keefe and smith check most of the boxes. Maybe waiting to see if a coach still shakes loose now and if not go with someone like that?  I’m cool with one of the Swedish guys as an assistant but no thanks to head coach.