NEXT COACH should be? mega thread ...

Zamboni

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

People are all nostalgic about Lindy maybe we should bring back Craig Ramsey. How's Slovakia doing these days?

Not nostalgic he actually has pretty much what most people think we're looking for. Do I think it would happen? No. Would I be against it? No. I never thought he deserved to get fired and he is better than anyone who has followed him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Someone just mentioned Mike Sullivan. Thoughts?

Right team, wrong guy.

Are you guys ready for Jacques Martin?

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Edited by dudacek

11 minutes ago, kas23 said:

So, someone help me out with the Sabres speaking with Keefe. Toronto can say “no” and that’s it? What if he quit and then was hired? Or, is it the interview part?

He has a contract with Toronto which he needs to honor, so he can’t just quit.  Buffalo would need to ask Toronto’s permission to interview him or to hire him.  NHL teams often grant such permission if it’s going to be a promotion for the candidate, but yes, they do have the right to say no.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/offering-another-chance-to-ex-head-coach-could-benefit-sabres/

I like Hoppe ideas here.  Richards, Scott Gordon and Dineen.

I'd add Todd Nelson to that list as well.

These are all guys like Sullivan and Cassidy who failed their first stints and then had to claw their way back to the NHL HC opportunities.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/offering-another-chance-to-ex-head-coach-could-benefit-sabres/

Dineen is an interesting choice. I don't know much about his style however

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

These are all guys like Sullivan and Cassidy who failed their first stints and then had to claw their way back to the NHL HC opportunities.

I've been thinking about Scott Gordon. He did a pretty good job with the Flyers who might have even made the playoffs if their kid goalie hadn't got hurt. Suppose Flyers management decided it was the goaltending and not the coach who (partially) righted that ship, but he might be worth considering. 

Might want to stay away from the Tampa staff (and even Tampa players) after their playoff debacle. Clearly out coached (and out played).

10 hours ago, WildCard said:

He is?

Yes, ask around.  I was listening to a broadcast recently, I think on TSN. They were discussing him and mentioned how is he thought of as a solid coach well regarded. I'm not saying I agree, but have no reason to disagree.