Per Botterill: Sabres have relieved Phil Housley of his Coaching Duties

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Methinks we'll be trying to land an interview with JQ before he commits to Florida.

I think they have already dotted the 'I's and crossed the 'T's in Florida and are just waiting to announce it

He does have a relationship with Tallon from their Chicago days, theres no tie to Buffalo

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Interesting JBot has to have someone in mind before lottery.

Why would that matter?

• SDS pinned this topic
4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Agreed, I just do not think Q is the answer here. 

To be fully honest I don't care one bit who they hire. Sure, if they hire some nobody who has never coached hockey in their life I'll roll my eyes but I have zero sense of what it takes to be a successful coach in the NHL and nothing I've thought would work prior has worked. More concerned about getting the right players.

I also hope Phil gets another assistant job somewhere then works his way back to being a head coach somewhere.

(I wanted him fired but was mostly indifferent)

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Agreed, I just do not think Q is the answer here. 

Same. Give me Keefe!

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I dunno. It's not like Chicago was an established team when they brought him in. 

Has the game passed him by though? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Well, there it is.

Clearly Botterill thinks the roster is better than the results. 

I can't figure out whether that's a good thing. Half joking, as I too think the roster was better than the results...but I hope he doesn't think too highly of what he has assembled. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ross Rhea said:

Does this mean Skinner stays now?

I don't think it mattered.

The issue is more if Botts thinks he is worth what Skinner is going to ask for, not who the coach will be

I don't think there was ever an issue between Skinner and Housley, but there will be an issue between what Botts wants to pay and what Skinner wants to be paid

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.