2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not sure if he agreed with it. He said he was "okay with it." It's a subtle difference.

When you let four in on a PK, it's not all on the refs.

No, but the simple fact remains if the officials don't make that egregious mistake this series is over in the Knights' favour. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

He said that’s the call he would make in that situation. 

Refs don't have replay for that and they just saw a guy get driven head first into the ice. We all would probably make that call. We'd all be wrong, but we'd all call it.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

No, but the simple fact remains if the officials don't make that egregious mistake this series is over in the Knights' favour. 

Maybe. I also know that I don't care cuz I'm still watching hockey.

Just now, SwampD said:

Refs don't have replay for that and they just saw a guy get driven head first into the ice. We all would probably make that call. We'd all be wrong, but we'd all call it.

Can't have seen that as it didn't happen. He was not driven down. 

Agree Game 7 OT is the best. 

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Then why didn’t they call it on Stasney the one that drove him to the ice. They also didn’t even call it till they seen he was hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Incorrect.  They stymied the Sharks PP all night long.  They had to continue to do it.  If they didn't, it's on them.

Man that really sucks. Seeing a team get jobbed like that isn't fun if there's no rooting interest in it. Vegas should be moving on. Whatever I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Incorrect.  They stymied the Sharks PP all night long.  They had to continue to do it.  If they didn't, it's on them.

This ain't it. The situation never should have arisen. 

Edited by Thorny

9 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

Then why didn’t they call it on Stasney the one that drove him to the ice. They also didn’t even call it till they seen he was hurt. 

If Eakin doesnt cross check him to go off balance Stastny doesnt push him down. So the cross check started the incident, correct call IMO.

Just now, Ross Rhea said:

If Eakin doesnt cross check him to go off balance Stastny doesnt push him down. So the cross check started the incident, correct call IMO.

So if your stick is caught between a guy's skates and he slips and gets concussed it's a major penalty? No. 

4 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

Watch the play, the refs didn't even think of making a call until well after they notice him down.... It was high grade garbage. 

That's what I took most frustration with 

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

When did that happen?

Irrelevant. The point is that an injury arose from a 2 minute foul, max. Calling a major there is as arbitrary as awarding a double minor because there's blood. 

Edited by Thorny

The cross check alone is not what caused the injury. It was the cross check in combination with another player then running into Pavelski. How can Eakin be responsible for the incidental contact from Stastny that randomly caused an injury? It makes no logical sense. 

Edited by Thorny

The cross check alone is not what caused the injury. It was the cross check in combination with another player then running into Pavelski. How can Eakin be responsible for the incidental contact from Stastny that randomly caused an injury? It makes no logical sense. 

I agree. sure was fun, though.

And it wasn't the Sabres who got screwed.

And Vegas can suck it. They didn't deserve to be this good this fast anyway, oh, wait, the expansion fee.

If there is no cross check Pavelski doesnt go off balance or leave his skates. Eakin started it and Stastny finished him off. The end result of the cross check was a head injury. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.