2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's not getting fired, but he's justifiably going to feel some heat. How in the world does Auston Matthews only play 18 minutes in a game 7?*

*Somewhere, Pi is thinking "Because he got his contract and got lazy and out of shape and can't play any more than that."

This is absolutely absurd

But, you know who Cassidy played less than Matthews' 18:48?

Bergeron, Marchand, and Pasternak

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Eakin just did something bad, ejected with a 5, Pavelski down hard.....I'm expecting a hefty suspension. 

Maybe SJS can close the gap on the long PP

After watching that I don’t even know if that was a penalty. If it was it’s not by much. More of an unlucky play. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Eakin just did something bad, ejected with a 5, Pavelski down hard.....I'm expecting a hefty suspension. 

Maybe SJS can close the gap on the long PP

Was it bad? I couldn't really tell. It just seemed like a weird play.

I do want overtime, though.

If Vegas ends up losing this the NHL owes and apology to them and those officials need to be done for the rest of the playoffs either way. Just bc someone gets hurt doesn’t mean it a penalty let alone 5 and a game. The Sharks didn’t even really react. This is garbage. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

After watching that I don’t even know if that was a penalty. If it was it’s not by much. More of an unlucky play. 

Vegas completely got jobbed. An over reaction to something that was clearly incidental, based on how Pavelski looked. I really hope he's ok - I hope it's not in sensitive to say it looked very unusual to see his body react like that to that type of contact. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Vegas completely got jobbed. An over reaction to something that was clearly incidental, based on how Pavelski looked. I really hope he's ok - I hope it's not in sensitive to say it looked very unusual to see his body react like that to that type of contact. 

It was odd, looked like he took a cross check to the face, I'm wondering if his face shield cracked and cut him when he hit the ice?

Edited by skaught

9 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

If Vegas ends up losing this the NHL owes and apology to them and those officials need to be done for the rest of the playoffs either way. Just bc someone gets hurt doesn’t mean it a penalty let alone 5 and a game. The Sharks didn’t even really react. This is garbage. 

Game 7 of a six month season and the refs are guessing that a penalty occurred. Completely changing the fortunes of two teams. 

31 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not for nothin, but how hard would it be to have a camera mounted at crossbar height to determine if a high sticking occurred. It's not like cameras are expensive anymore.

It's just not SJS's night.

The portion Pavelski was conscious for definitely wasn't.

The $64k Q becomes was Leblan (sp?) the hero or the goat?.  91 seconds of PK left to find out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.