2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

Just now, Zamboni said:

No no no ... he sooooo knows he’s not getting fired. He’s more secure in his job than the Amazon CEO ?

LOL.  Babcock:  "Like I said last year after our first round exit, we'll learn from this and not let it happen again next year."  OK Mike.

14 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's not getting fired, but he's justifiably going to feel some heat. How in the world does Auston Matthews only play 18 minutes in a game 7?*

*Somewhere, Pi is thinking "Because he got his contract and got lazy and out of shape and can't play any more than that."

If he did get fired, would you want him in Buffalo?

Just now, Tondas said:

LOL.  Babcock:  "Like I said last year after our first round exit, we'll learn from this and not let it happen again next year."  OK Mike.

Haha ... I know. He learned that subpar Matthews, Tavares, and Marner along with good but not timely goaltending doesn’t get it done in the playoffs. And lack of physically engaged depth players doesn’t help either.

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If he did get fired, would you want him in Buffalo?

Yes. He's a good coach and would pretty much guarantee improvement and competitiveness. Despite another first round exit, it's important to remember he had the tanking Leafs team playing respectable hockey. Even if he is a bit overrated, he's not a roll of the dice. Ultimately, there's no shame in losing to this Boston team in 7 games. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sean Kuraly grew up in Columbus (actually the same suburb I live in, Dublin) and played collegiately at Miami, OH. The series against Columbus will be a cool homecoming for him. A homecoming that I hope is smashed to bits and pieces by a furious Tortsnado. But a homecoming nonetheless ?

Just now, Doohickie said:

I found out that I hate Toronto more than I hate Boston, because I was actually okay with Boston winning.  Of course I want to see them get knocked off on the second round.

I feel the same way but that doesn't make me feel less dirty.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's not getting fired, but he's justifiably going to feel some heat. How in the world does Auston Matthews only play 18 minutes in a game 7?*

*Somewhere, Pi is thinking "Because he got his contract and got lazy and out of shape and can't play any more than that."

This is hilarious.  On a roll tonight.

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I feel the same way but that doesn't make me feel less dirty.

Preczactly.

On a related note, I've been pulling for the Stars in the west.  I've been in their barn as a member of the opposition when the Sabres come to town, but I can appreciate what raucous fans they have.  Until the Sabres make the playoffs I have no problem making the Stars my postseason team.

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Preczactly.

On a related note, I've been pulling for the Stars in the west.  I've been in their barn as a member of the opposition when the Sabres come to town, but I can appreciate what raucous fans they have.  Until the Sabres make the playoffs I have no problem making the Stars my postseason team.

I can root for anyone once the boys are eliminated.  But, I never, ever jump off the bandwagon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

I’m in Florida and My Condo Complex is full of Toronto Fans. My Brother in Law and I are at the pool playing You Make My Dreams Come True on Repeat. 

You should play “the good ol hockey game” on repeat and see if anyone says anything lol

or “do you believe in magic”

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’m in Florida and My Condo Complex is full of Toronto Fans. My Brother in Law and I are at the pool playing You Make My Dreams Come True on Repeat. 

Savage.

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I am in a holiday inn express in Austin Texas and they have NBCSN listed as VERSUS on both the TV and the channel card that comes with that. Lol

They never updated their bootlegged system.

Edited by Doohickie

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

I am in a holiday inn express in Austin Texas and they have NBCSN listed as VERSUS on both the TV and the channel card that comes with that. Lol

If you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, that means you're qualified to be the next coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

This is Pegula level fan knowledge, innit, PA?

I actually only know that this is a thing because of this site, and I've only missed a handful of games in 20 years.

Do we care who wins this game, 1st-rnd-pick-wise?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.