2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

Just now, Buffalo Wings said:

Dammit...after all that time that the Leafs controlled play, too.

Full disclosure - I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs. The winner of this goes to the ECF. Columbus won’t beat either of these teams.

Columbus could be LA 2012. 8th seed, but should have been better than an 8. Tough veteran coach. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Wings said:

Dammit...after all that time that the Leafs controlled play, too.

Full disclosure - I hate the Bruins more than the Leafs. The winner of this goes to the ECF. Columbus won’t beat either of these teams and I can’t take that.

I would not count Columbus out.  They looked good.  I think they match up better against the a Bruins. Bruins and Blue Jackets would be fun. 

Just now, Pimlach said:

I would not count Columbus out.  They looked good.  I think they match up better against the a Bruins. Bruins and Blue Jackets would be fun. 

Just like the lottery.  You got to be in it to win it.  Who knows?

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Columbus could be LA 2012. 8th seed, but should have been better than an 8. Tough veteran coach. 

Could be, yes. Torts is probably the reason they’re playing like this. I realize that sweeping the Lightning is no small feat, but I just can’t see them getting past the Bruins or Leafs.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

These two teams are built completely differently and the Sabres are not built like either one of them unfortunately

Put Rask or Anderson on Buffalo and you could see the November Sabres come back to life.  

I saw the Blues without Binington,  it starts with a goalie.  

Edited by Pimlach

16 minutes ago, ... said:

Maybe Babcock will be available after this game.

He's not getting fired, but he's justifiably going to feel some heat. How in the world does Auston Matthews only play 18 minutes in a game 7?*

*Somewhere, Pi is thinking "Because he got his contract and got lazy and out of shape and can't play any more than that."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.