2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

9 hours ago, LTS said:

As I posted, when the Blues had turned it around.  ROR had no noticeable impact on the Blues and their turnaround.  ROR was the same player, in Buffalo, in STL when in last place, and now.  Dec. 1, Jordan Binnington made it to the league and from there on the Blues were a changed team.

The conversation regarding ROR has grown out of control, regardless of which side of the trade people are on.  It's like having a politics conversation at this point. 

ROR wasn't happy in Buffalo, he said that. ROR was traded, we know that. The Blues were the same team with ROR as they were without him the year before.  He merely fit into the team to make up for those who were gone (Stastny, etc.).

Yes.. this.

That may be it.  However, you are not required to touch the puck to be able to be legally hit.  If you are making a play on the puck and you happen to choose to not touch it or happen to miss it you are still legally able to be hit.  

I’m in St Louis and I can tell you that ROR is given great credit for helping keep this team together during the slump.  He is known as the first guy at practice and the last to leave.  They love him here.   He is superior to Stastny  as a leader and as a player. 

The Blues turnaround is largely due to Binington and the coaching change.  ROR has been consistently good, even when the team was not.  

Edited by Pimlach

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He is a fundamental component of that team.  But the drivers of the turnaround were Binnington (sp?) & Berube in that order.

Friggin' Binnington.  Messed up the O'Reilly trade worse than it initially appeared & MIGHT keep Dahlin from being a Calder finalist.

It's just semantics in terms of when different components were added.  ROR is a huge component of their current success, regardless of when the tipping point in terms of personnel was reached. 

If anything, it'll be Heiskanen (ridiculously) keeping Dahlin from a nomination. Him being nominated above Dahlin is significantly more absurd than Binnington, who I'd actually understand. 

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's just semantics in terms of when different components were added.  ROR is a huge component of their current success, regardless of when the tipping point in terms of personnel was reached. 

If anything, it'll be Heiskanen (ridiculously) keeping Dahlin from a nomination. Him being nominated above Dahlin is significantly more absurd than Binnington, who I'd actually understand. 

Agree that Dahlin SHOULD rate ahead of Heiskanen, but doubt he will.  Binnington coming out of nowhere 1/2 way through knocks Rasmus to 4.  Will be interesting to see if Binnington knocks Petterson out of a trip up to the podium.  He'd have my vote.

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Agree that Dahlin SHOULD rate ahead of Heiskanen, but doubt he will.  Binnington coming out of nowhere 1/2 way through knocks Rasmus to 4.  Will be interesting to see if Binnington knocks Petterson out of a trip up to the podium.  He'd have my vote.

I've seen this around a lot, and I'm not quite sure why. All the Calder lists up until the end of the season had Dahlin solidly in the top 3, the season ended, and then boom, lots of people saying Heiskanen is getting the nom above Dahlin. What changed? 

And honestly apart from Friedman* mentioning Heiskanen is in his top 3, I'm not sure I've seen other prominent people in the media come out and say the same thing. Fan/twitter/blogosphere shifted, though. 

Re: Friendman, I recently re-read his write up and one of the first things he says, is: "Heiskanen is getting shafted". That's a tip off to me that Friedman isn't hearing a lot of Heiskanen buzz. I still think Dahlin gets a nomination. 

Edited by Thorny

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I've seen this around a lot, and I'm not quite sure why. All the Calder lists up until the end of the season had Dahlin solidly in the top 3, the season ended, and then boom, lots of people saying Heiskanen is getting the nom above Dahlin. What changed? 

And honestly apart from Friedman mentioning Heiskanen is in his top 3, I'm not sure I've seen other prominent people in the media come out and say the same thing. Fan/twitter/blogosphere shifted, though. 

Just seems to be the way the wind was blowing.  Hope it's a bad take as I believe he deserves it more than Petterson, but KNOW that's not happening.  Would slot Dahlin right after the kid that saved St. Louis' season but doubt many actual voters would do so.  Not his fault Housley never figured out how to use either Rasmus.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

LOL Ovi is losing it! Can't say I blame him, really. 

What's funny is it was most likely the right call.

On another note, is it a requirement that you have to look like a meth head to be a Canes fan?

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What's funny is it was most likely the right call.

On another note, is it a requirement that you have to look like a meth head to be a Canes fan?

Yup I just saw it again and I was wrong, probably was the right call haha. I can still understand the emotion and it's fun to watch regardless haha. Ovi's McEnroe impression. 

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

then boom, lots of people saying Heiskanen is getting the nom above Dahlin. What changed? 

Honestly? Heiskanen *looks* better than Dahlin defensively,  and plays a more physical game.  He plays a more grown up game.

I watch Stars games and I want Dahlin to be better than Heiskanen, but Heiskanen just looks better to me.

Edited by Doohickie

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

What a freaking joke that no goal call was in Carolina. Washington is going to smoke them in game 7

Don’t bet on it.  Every underdog has won (save NYI and Pit was an early favorite with the sports book).  If Carolina, Vegas and Tor can win road game 7’s, then only one higher ranked seed advances.   Washington has only one line playing well, so if Carolina can shut them down and stay out of the box they have a chance.  Should be a good game 7.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.