2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

6 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

So you think O'Reilly undergoing a fundamental personal transformation over just a couple months that changes how he affects his teammates is more likely than he just is the same guy with better teammates? I guess it's possible, but I don't see how that would be the default. After all, people on this very forum were crowing about how poorly the Blues started as some kind of evidence the O'Reilly cloud was a real phenomenon. Whoops. 

I think people tend to take stock of their lives when big changes happen. When you have the opportunity to make a fresh start and you are self-reflective - it is not unreasonable to think about what went right and what went wrong with your current approach. I think this probably happens with smarter athletes all the time. When they are young, they can be cocky pricks. You know what changes that? Fanbases that turn on you and you get traded by multiple teams. When you couple the natural act of maturing, with a change in scenery, it is perfectly reasonable to assume any person behaves a little differently.

Every time I have changed jobs, I have approached my new job in a different way. I don't understand why these hockey playing humans are any different.

The Vegas crowd is awesome.  

I watched the Leaves lose, hoping the Knight can put away SJ tonight. 

These games have been awesome.  I hope the Pegulas are watching how fans in 16 cities are being rewarded.  We now have 8 straight years with no playoffs.  In a league with 31 total teams and 16 playoff teams that is hard to do.   

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.