2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

My bad.  Thought they broke the next grouping of teams beyond the non-playoff teams out by round they went out in; didn't realize the teams that went out in the 1st 2 rounds were all grouped together.

So, there's still a chance.  Was going to be rooting for the BJ's next round regardless.  Hopefully Nashville can get past Dallas as they should have a better chance of knocking off the Blues than the Stars will have.

Not sure about that given the way Stars young 2nd line is playing and how tough they are... might be an issue of speed though and Dallas back line isn't known for its speed and the Blues have plenty.

50 minutes ago, Taro T said:

My bad.  Thought they broke the next grouping of teams beyond the non-playoff teams out by round they went out in; didn't realize the teams that went out in the 1st 2 rounds were all grouped together.

So, there's still a chance.  Was going to be rooting for the BJ's next round regardless.  Hopefully Nashville can get past Dallas as they should have a better chance of knocking off the Blues than the Stars will have.

No....You want Dallas to beat the Blues who will also jump over the Blues for draft order.....Correct??

Say Stars, VKs, and CBJ make conference finals ....Blues will go from 20 to 17 Correct?

4 minutes ago, primeme said:

No....You want Dallas to beat the Blues who will also jump over the Blues for draft order.....Correct??

Say Stars, VKs, and CBJ make conference finals ....Blues will go from 20 to 17 Correct?

Am willing to forego a single spot in the order for the better odds of not having 29.  But, yes, Dallas beating St. Louis would be better than the Preds beating them.

16 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Ryan O'Reilly's cloud of negativity is so strong that it now causes teams playing the Blues to not show up. Nobody is safe.

Why isn’t the default assumption that people just change as they get older or move on to new situations? 

They aren’t robots. They are human beings that change over time. Kane in San Jose is not Kane in Winnipeg. Same Lehner. Probably same for ROR. 

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

Why isn’t the default assumption that people just change as they get older or move on to new situations? 

They aren’t robots. They are human beings that change over time. Kane in San Jose is not Kane in Winnipeg. Same Lehner. Probably same for ROR. 

So you think O'Reilly undergoing a fundamental personal transformation over just a couple months that changes how he affects his teammates is more likely than he just is the same guy with better teammates? I guess it's possible, but I don't see how that would be the default. After all, people on this very forum were crowing about how poorly the Blues started as some kind of evidence the O'Reilly cloud was a real phenomenon. Whoops. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

So you think O'Reilly undergoing a fundamental personal transformation over just a couple months that changes how he affects his teammates is more likely than he just is the same guy with better teammates? I guess it's possible, but I don't see how that would be the default. After all, people on this very forum were crowing about how poorly the Blues started as some kind of evidence the O'Reilly cloud was a real phenomenon. Whoops. 

I suppose he could have, his first child was born right before the winter classic last year.  A child can change you.  Thought  looking at how the Blues treat him on the bench... they don't talk to him much... betting they are just a mature enough team to ignore his BS and he brings it well on the ice.

Edited by North Buffalo

58 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's the same with better teammates... and goaltending. 

2 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Of course I'll be banned or warned based on this thread but nobody will hold LGR4GM accountable. Congrats SabreSpace. 

For saying a guy who's been good his entire career is still good just with a better team now? Guess I could back that up... 

not bad mike pence GIF by Election 2016

10 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

JJ, why do you insist on poking the bear... 

I'm not poking the bear. People are poking me because they don't like my avatar. And I have repeatedly said the Sabres are my team and will always be my team. LGR is poking me looking for a response and I've given up explaining myself. 

10 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I don't disagree with you on a fair amount of stuff  you post... it is the tone... question can you change?  That may answer the question about O'Reilly as well.

Was this directed at me? I can change my tone, and I have. I have apologized a few times in recent days for comments I have made. But, my tone and my comments about O'Reilly will not change. 

Neither will my comments about Raleigh. They won't beat the Caps this year, but I do support them because they are in the playoffs. Once they lose, I'll be back to supporting Buffalo 100%. And it's pretty obvious the Panthers are making the playoffs next year............... if the Sabres can't do it, you all can bust my balls for supporting Sunrise. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I'm not poking the bear. People are poking me because they don't like my avatar. And I have repeatedly said the Sabres are my team and will always be my team. LGR is poking me looking for a response and I've given up explaining myself. 

So don't respond... let him have his way and you stand pat with your's... you have that choice not to respond.  I respect your stance... don't like it but respect it.  PS My second favorite NFL team is the 9ers, but not sure I would put their helmet on as my Avatar on twobillsdrive... its your choice and again I respect.. just don't respond because of the Sabres history with Carolina... we are likely gonna pick at you... just saying... If it was another team other than Toronto probably wouldn't be such a big deal.

3 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

So don't respond... let him have his way and you stand pat with your's... you have that choice not to respond.  I respect your stance... don't like it but respect it.  PS My second favorite NFL team is the 9ers, but not sure I would put their helmet on as my Avatar on twobillsdrive... its your choice and again I respect.. just don't respond because of the Sabres history with Carolina... we are likely gonna pick at you... just saying... If it was another team other than Toronto probably wouldn't be such a big deal.

I respect the fact you don't like my stance. Always open to everybody's opinion. I'd love to understand your opinion. 

I do understand the deep hatred for Raleigh. But I live here now, so it's tough to misunderstand. As  a diehard Sabres fan, I completely understand. And next year my extreme fandom will go back to Buffalo. And it will always be with me until they don't make the playoffs and my 1B and 1C does. Then I'll support them until the next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I see ROR like an element.  He’s unchanged, compound to compound, but other elements join to form the sum of the parts.   We didn’t trade way the St. Louis O’Reilly any more than we acquired the Colorado O’Reilly.   Why didn’t O’Reilly lift Buffalo?   There are 20 answers.  Missing elements improperly assembled or arranged.  Change O’Reilly to Lehner.  Winning is alchemy.  Half science, half art, half magic.

NaCl

NaOH

• Like (+1) 1

I find it strange being in a position to cheer for Boston, but that's what I'll be doing.

They need to raise their game several notches today or they are going to be golfing.

EDIT:  They just showed a nice aerial shot from the north showing the skyline looking back at the lake in TO; looks like a gorgeous day up there.  Lots of sun and no clouds. 

Prediction: Weather likely to have little impact on the game.  LOL

Edited by Kruppstahl

I mean, the Jets are who I thought they were. They-the-the-they're who I THOUGHT they were! You wanted to crown em? GO AHEAD AND CROWN THEIR ASS. BUT THEY ARE, WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE! And they let them off the hook!!!

...wait the Blues won? Disregard that rant. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.