2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

15 minutes ago, Hoss said:

if the jets beat the blues and vgk finishes off san jose we are guaranteed to get st. louis' pick... and there's a decent chance it'd get higher than 19.

Then my instincts are good.

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Another Canadian team out. 

Just one more to go.

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Damn Blues and O'Reilly to hell. Now we must rely on whomever wins the Dallas/Nashville series to save us from being stuck with a bottom 4 pick in the 1st

Nope.  Not how that ended up.  Anaheim gets the worse of the STL and SJ picks.

pete blackburn might be the worst sports analyst i've ever seen. he's bounced around and been fired for being an idiot a couple times but he's a young, good-looking dude with a good following on social media so he made his way to cbs sports.

in breaking down the boston-toronto series he just says boston's problem is they aren't having all their lines playing well in a game (that's the most incredibly generic and useless analysis i've ever heard). then he says toronto has been winning because of their depth... then quoted auston matthews stats.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I mean, that might be someone's description of fun. Everyone is just a few drinks a a bunch of drugs away from your prescription. 

He's not WYLD and Woody for nothing.

On another note, this  is now the second game today that I've watched where the coach doesn't know when to replace his goaltender.

And now it's 6-0 instead of 5-0.  But by all means, leave Mrazek in there.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Just one more to go.

Nope.  Not how that ended up.  Anaheim gets the worse of the STL and SJ picks.

Pretty sure that was only the case should the Blues pick wind up top 19.  My understanding was Anaheim gets the better pick should they both be 20 or later (like they now both will be). 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

He's not WYLD and Woody for nothing.

On another note, this  is now the second game today that I've watched where the coach doesn't know when to replace his goaltender.

And now it's 6-0 instead of 5-0.  But by all means, leave Mrazek in there.

So you want me to put balls in my rectum.... Can we have breakfast the next morning? 

Also, I fear that the 2nd round may pale in comparison to the 1st, just a gut feel

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure that was only the case should the Blues pick wind up top 19.  My understanding was Anaheim gets the better pick should they both be 20 or later (like they now both will be). 

Not necessarily. If STL doesn't make the conference finals and someone below them in the standings does (Colorado or Vegas), it'll fall to 19 and we'll keep it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just an observation, it seems this year the better coaches have figured out how to defend in the new faster offensively favored NHL. Size, team D and solid goaltending are back to being the keys to winning and not all this small speed stuff that seemed to be the new trend. That stuff only worked in the regular season. Something to ponder given the direction and philosophy this team has taken under JBot (and formerly Housley). Let's hope this makes them realize we need a more balanced approach - and better goaltending!

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Not necessarily. If STL doesn't make the conference finals and someone below them in the standings does (Colorado or Vegas), it'll fall to 19 and we'll keep it. 

My bad.  Thought they broke the next grouping of teams beyond the non-playoff teams out by round they went out in; didn't realize the teams that went out in the 1st 2 rounds were all grouped together.

So, there's still a chance.  Was going to be rooting for the BJ's next round regardless.  Hopefully Nashville can get past Dallas as they should have a better chance of knocking off the Blues than the Stars will have.

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.