2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

I don't like the Leafs and the Bruins.

I just would not want to listen to the millions of Leafs fans and the media around here fawning over the greatest team that ever was.

Plus there would be millions of other bandwagon jumpers, our country would be overrun by these folks. We would have to change the flag to blue and white.

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Would you trade Buff straight up for Bogo? 

Nah.  Very good but a bit busy. 

I wouldn't trade Chiarot for Bogo! You can keep him and his contract.

Buff had a bad game and I hope he plays better tonight. He can dominate a game when he plays the right way.

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

JT Compher... another “throw away” prospect we gave up on too quick.  We do give up on our prospects too quick.  

nobody gave up on him. he was a part of a deal to acquire a talented, young center. just because you trade somebody doesn't mean you gave up on them. in fact, i think they had big plans for compher.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

JT Compher... another “throw away” prospect we gave up on too quick.  We do give up on our prospects too quick.  

It's not that we gave up on him, per se.  He was part of that big package that brought ROR to Buffalo, and had we kept ROR that deal would have ended up being just fine.  Big Z has been a huge disappointment, Grigorenko is Grigorenko, but then we also gave a 2nd round pick to them too, though they traded that away and it became Jeremy Roy taken by SJ!

Anyway, Compher was part of that deal and it should have worked out OK.  ROR is by far the best name in the entire thing.

But yes, when you give away prospects to get Player A, then trade away Player A for nothing, you end up where the Sabres are now...spinning your wheels after 8 years of "Rebuild."

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I'll never understand why everyone hates the leafs. They are our closest neighbors and have sucked for the longest time and have been losers. If anything I would root for them as my second team because I have a lot of family up there too. 

Because this is what our 'home' games against them look like:

1011789846-SabresLeafs-sc3-1260x800.jpg

cut.jpg

nhl-maple-leafs-vs-sabres-buffalo-usa-sh

6 hours ago, Ducky said:

I wouldn't trade Chiarot for Bogo! You can keep him and his contract.

Buff had a bad game and I hope he plays better tonight. He can dominate a game when he plays the right way.

Thankfully only for one more season.

25 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I'll never understand why everyone hates the leafs. They are our closest neighbors and have sucked for the longest time and have been losers. If anything I would root for them as my second team because I have a lot of family up there too. 

That'ts part of why they are hated, I think. That they've sucked so long, we've been much better than them, really - and even then, Toronto and their people and media do not care about the Buffalo Sabres. 

The Sabres are Rodney Dangerfield in the equation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Buffalo ..generalizing here..has an inferiority complex .And of course it hasnt been able to ameliorate that with any sports success since TP showed up.

Buffalo was better than Toronto in hockey for almost 40 straight years.And now that has all changed. Most people wont cheer that on. Not in Buffalo.

7 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Agreed. Our teams have been so bad that they dont give the kids enough time in Rochester to begin with.  It looks like this trend is changing with Botterill.  

9 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agreed. Our teams have been so bad that they dont give the kids enough time in Rochester to begin with.  It looks like this trend is changing with Botterill.  

The problem wasn't trading Compher to get ROR, it was laundering Compher through ROR and him turning into Tage Thompson. 

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Their elitist fans and media might have a lot to do with it.  

My hatred goes back to when they fired me. I got them 4 Cups.  They aren’t $hit without me.  

Finding myself not pleased when the Blues score, so I must prefer the Jets for some reason. And that goal was far more worth a review than the first one. Too bad they wasted it.

Edited by ...

9 minutes ago, ... said:

Finding myself not pleased when the Blues score, so I must prefer the Jets for some reason. And that goal was far more worth a review than the first one. Too bad they wasted it.

if the jets beat the blues and vgk finishes off san jose we are guaranteed to get st. louis' pick... and there's a decent chance it'd get higher than 19.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.