2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

I'm glad that TO won because I really hate Boston, but, man, Babcock is such a doofus that he makes it really hard to root for them.

31 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Calgary might have the best home sweaters in hockey

But isn't it creepy that every single person in that arena is wearing one?

28 minutes ago, #freejame said:

That would be my vote for best away jerseys. Though everyone should go back to home whites....

And the Canadiens would still have the best jerseys, home or away.  I just love them.  I know this is SabreSpace heresy.

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

JT Compher getting interviewed pre-game. Looks like a big piece of COL’s success.

I’m too lazy to research how and why we traded him.

He was in the ROR deal. Up until this calendar year, we were reminded of that fact every day by posters. 

Wow...first time in NHL history the top seeds from each conference both lost in the first round...and they did it emphatically with one getting swept and the other losing 4 games to 1.

Even worse except for small pockets of time in the games the 8th seeded teams simply looked much better.

12 hours ago, Ducky said:

Jets set a record for blown leads in the 3rd this year... not to mention one shot on goal on a 4 minute PP.

Absolutely pathetic.

Buff played like crap and Chiarot is not an NHL D man.

Ehlers is still waiting for his first playoff goal...ever.

To top it off, this will be the 2nd year in a row that the Jets won't have their 1st round pick.

Would you trade Buff straight up for Bogo? 

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Chicago.

Best uniforms in N. American sports.

Nah.  Very good but a bit busy. 

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

Montreal.

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

That would be my vote for best away jerseys. Though everyone should go back to home whites....

Montreal's reds are definitely one of the best home uniforms, possibly #1, but their road whites are just 'good' to me.  I would prefer something like:

CanadiensAwayConcept.thumb.jpg.172af1d28bef08c53dbd3a58e1fd759c.jpg

(forgive the crude concept drawing, as started with this, which is cool in its own way.)

Could make the 'C' or the yoke blue for a slightly different look.  Florida is close to that, but the gold doesn't contrast with the red like the blue does.

Honestly, there aren't many white jerseys that I do like a lot.  The Oilers and the (I hate to say it) Bruins are among the best (IMO).

Edit: I like the Ranger's look, despite disliking word marks for logos.

Edited by carpandean

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

I'm glad that TO won because I really hate Boston, but, man, Babcock is such a doofus that he makes it really hard to root for them.

But isn't it creepy that every single person in that arena is wearing one?

A good friend's dad from Toronto just lost his wife of 60+ years. He said he just wants to see the Leafs win before he goes. So I have to kind of to root for Toronto in this case. It's okay because I hate the Bruins just as much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.