2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

1 minute ago, JJFIVEOH said:

So does Pittsburgh unload or keep on holding on to hope? 

Unload as in??? Tank? No. 

Unload as in removing 5-6 pieces and trying to get different chemistry there? Yep. 

Same with most teams who don’t make the playoffs or get bounced out of the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Unload as in removing 5-6 pieces and trying to get different chemistry there? Yep. 

Same with most teams who don’t make the playoffs or get bounced out of the 1st round.

Trade FrankenMalkin and do a quick rebuild. And no I don't want lurch on my team.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

They had a subpar season and just got swept. Does management look at the team and think their run is over, or do they think next year might be a rebound year? Not saying they will consider getting rid of Crosby, and/or Malkin. But there are some pieces that can bring in a good return. 

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Huh?

fact ... he was “feisty” in Buffalo.

fact ... he is “feisty” in NY.

his feistiness is him. That’s the kind of competitor he is. It’s not all alcohol induced.

That’s what the convo was with inkman. Not about what Lehner has said or what Berglund is or isn’t doing. If you followed along from his first post, maybe you’ll see what I was getting at. I hope I made it clear now.

Only tonight, he stopped and removed himself and went to the boards.

And I just changed my mind. I'm not glad he found his smile. He (and Berglund) can go screw.

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, WildCard said:

2001 Mariners: Hold the record for MLB wins in a regular season (116-46), lost in the ALCS

2007 NE Patriots: Hold the record for NFL wins in a regular season (17-0), lost in the SB

2015 Golden State Warriors: Hold the record for NBA wins in a regular season (73-9), lost in the NBA Finals

1995 Detroit Red Wings (62-13-7), 2018 Tampa Bay Lightning (62-16-4): Tied for the record for NHL wins in a regular season, lost in the WCF and 1st round respectively 

I know it's not cause = effect and all that, but it's still wild to think about

I think this should all be a good reminder for everyone that only one team can win every year. It’s so hard to win. In team sports it’s silly to drill a guy for not winning enough championships.

• Like (+1) 1

Just realized only 19 of the current 31 NHL teams have won a Stanley Cup.

6 of the 12 who have never won it are in the playoffs this year (Columbus, Winnipeg, Vegas, San Jose, St. Louis, Nashville).

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Doughty had a pretty funny quote on how Burns was up for the Norris but he's awful defensively

Burns and Karlsson have both been brutal this series

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.