2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

Props to Lehner on his recovery. He's been good when he needed to be. This Islander team looks great. 

As to the Sabres. Not much to say as far as their mettle. Not sure they have what it takes to get through one of these playoff series even had they snuck in. So much is lacking. JBots has his work cutout. 

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So from what I read ... the fact that Lehner was fiesty while on the Sabres, was because he was drunk or hungover. The only reason.

yet, (safe assumption he’s no longer like that) tonight he showed his feistiness. 

So your original shot at Lehner for being fiesty (being connected only to his addiction/issues) was rather wrong and kinda immature. Don’t ya think?

I don't. By Lehner's own admission this was the reason.

Glad he and Berglund found their smiles. They can both pound sand.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SDS said:

Mine numbingly awful. Poor bastards.

I’ve been in Tampa for 22 years.   When I arrived, I spent much of the game explaining “change on the fly” to people sitting next to me.  There’s been real growth.  This will STING.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I don't know, do I have a short fuse?

And at the same time: I don't think it's unreasonable to think he might not be that good of a coach.

I never thought he was. I thought he was in a fortunate situation to have a roster that made itself. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm beyond stunned that Tampa got swept. Hockey is flukey enough where a loss was always possible. But a sweep? Holy smokes. Congrats to Columbus. I still hate Torts, but it's cool to see them rewarded for going all-in. 

Now let's hope Tampa overreacts and overpays for Risto. 

They'd still be playing if Risto was on their team. It won't be overpaying.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm beyond stunned that Tampa got swept. Hockey is flukey enough where a loss was always possible. But a sweep? Holy smokes. Congrats to Columbus. I still hate Torts, but it's cool to see them rewarded for going all-in. 

Now let's hope Tampa overreacts and overpays for Risto. 

2001 Mariners: Hold the record for MLB wins in a regular season (116-46), lost in the ALCS

2007 NE Patriots: Hold the record for NFL wins in a regular season (17-0), lost in the SB

2015 Golden State Warriors: Hold the record for NBA wins in a regular season (73-9), lost in the NBA Finals

1995 Detroit Red Wings (62-13-7), 2018 Tampa Bay Lightning (62-16-4): Tied for the record for NHL wins in a regular season, lost in the WCF and 1st round respectively 

I know it's not cause = effect and all that, but it's still wild to think about

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don't. By Lehner's own admission this was the reason.

Glad he and Berglund found their smiles. They can both pound sand.

Huh?

fact ... he was “feisty” in Buffalo.

fact ... he is “feisty” in NY.

his feistiness is him. That’s the kind of competitor he is. It’s not all alcohol induced.

That’s what the convo was with inkman. Not about what Lehner has said or what Berglund is or isn’t doing. If you followed along from his first post, maybe you’ll see what I was getting at. I hope I made it clear now.

Edited by Zamboni

Just now, WildCard said:

2001 Mariners: Hold the record for MLB wins in a regular season (116-46), lost in the ALCS

2007 NE Patriots: Hold the record for NFL wins in a regular season (17-0), lost in the SB

2015 Golden State Warriors: Hold the record for NBA wins in a regular season (73-9), lost in the NBA Finals

1995 Detroit Red Wings (62-13-7), 2018 Tampa Bay Lightning (62-16-4): Tied for the record for NHL wins in a regular season, lost in the WCF and 1st round respectively 

I know it's not cause = effect and all that, but it's still wild to think about

I just read Tampa is the first team in NHL history to win the Presidents Trophy and get swept in the first round. Saying again, if Stamkos had a different nationality he'd be getting butchered by the talking heads. 

• Like (+1) 2

So does Pittsburgh unload or keep on holding on to hope? 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I just read Tampa is the first team in NHL history to win the Presidents Trophy and get swept in the first round. Saying again, if Stamkos had a different nationality he'd be getting butchered by the talking heads. 

He's been highly criticized for years for being a playoff choker. Not sure what nationality has anything to do about it. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.