2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

i would take 3 Tkachucks on my team. Dude is built for post season.

It's always hilarious when fans love the "character" guys and the other teams' hate them. Tkachucks seem like total a-holes, but only in hockey can they also be beloved of their fans and I agree with you, we need a few of them on our team too. 

Bruins fans love Marchand, Leaf fans love Kadri, once upon a time we loved Barnaby. Rats help you win in the playoffs though, no question.

33 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

We could see two sweeps completed tonight and I hope we do because (1) Shittsburgh, and (2) I want to see the presumptive favorite knocked out in the first round by a nothing team.

Columbus is a nothing team? I do agree that those 2 sweeps would be funny. 

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

We could see two sweeps completed tonight and I hope we do because (1) Shittsburgh, and (2) I want to see the presumptive favorite knocked out in the first round by a nothing team.

37 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

15 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

All teams who make the playoffs are not “nothing teams” good grief..

:facepalm:

There is a great article in The Athletic today about teams with high expectations which were swept by nothing teams.  One of the featured teams is the 1992-93 Boston Bruins.  I needn't tell you which the "nothing team" was.

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There is a great article in The Athletic today about teams with high expectations which were swept by nothing teams.  One of the featured teams is the 1992-93 Boston Bruins.  I needn't tell you which the "nothing team" was.

CBJ getting swept in the 2nd round then

I’m finding it interesting how many places are reporting the Ovi-Svech fight with Svech’s age. You don’t see that when the Tkachuks go at it. Are they trying to make Ovi look like a bad guy? A (comparatively) scrawny 19 year old challenged him to a fight in a hockey game—there’s nothing wrong with knocking him out because of it. Svech knows better now. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

All teams who make the playoffs are not “nothing teams” good grief..

:facepalm:

Bad terminology, but if Columbus wins it will be a huge upset.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Bad terminology, but if Columbus wins it will be a huge upset.

I think Columbus is trying to pull the LA. Add a ton of talent and take your shot in 1 year. They added, Duchene, Dzingel, Kinkaid, McQuaid all in February. They are taking their 1 shot it seems. 

3 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

But can they keep it up?

There's a couple of series that I'm not sure can be upsets. I think we all know Tampa is done and Coops will be fired. But I think the Avs and Canes might stand a chance. I think the last game with the Caps was a fluke, but not so sure. They looked pretty bad. 

Nice thing is, it's been an extremely fun first round. Not one I don't think we've seen in several years. Only two teams I'm rooting for are the Blues and Canes. But it should make for a killer second round if some of the top teams are knocked out. 

45 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Does Nathan McKinnon have the best wrist shot in the game?

I know Laine and OV may have the best one timers. 

Matthews maybe? Eich has a good one, but accuracy isn't good enough 

They might. But you can't rule out Eichel. He's in the top. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.