2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

He's telling you it's a lock. Pretty common saying 

I got the “its a lock” phrase. And I’ve heard the “book it” phrase before. I just don’t know what exactly how to book it. Is that some sort of gambling phrase or something else. 

Whatever ... “i’ll Lock it” “book it” or whatever phrase that means he is 100% sure he’ll get a minimum of 10 games. 

Im not gonna “lock” or “book” my prediction. I just think considering the playoffs, he won’t get such a heavy suspension as 10 games.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I got the “its a lock” phrase. And I’ve heard the “book it” phrase before. I just don’t know what exactly how to book it. Is that some sort of gambling phrase or something else. 

Whatever ... “i’ll Lock it” “book it” or whatever phrase that means he is 100% sure he’ll get a minimum of 10 games. 

Im not gonna “lock” or “book” my prediction. I just think considering the playoffs, he won’t get such a heavy suspension as 10 games.

Dude it's a message board and you're a good poster but we can't take everything so literally lol he's just screwing around 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Dude it's a message board and you're a good poster but we can't take everything so literally lol he's just screwing around 

Dude, It’s not about literally or not literally. If someone can actually answer my question that would be cool. Aside from the “book it” = “lock it”.

again ... whatever. Let’s not make this molehill into a mountain. Moving on... I hope.

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Dude, It’s not about literally or not literally. If someone can actually answer my question that would be cool. Aside from the “book it” = “lock it”.

again ... whatever. Let’s not make this molehill into a mountain. Moving on... I hope.

Lol what was your question buddy 

2 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Boy that Kadri cross check was something else. Saw it live on the broadcast and could not believe that level of intent and animosity.

People complained about Tom Wilson, but that was some Burtuzzi level *****

It was nasty. Bertuzzi was even worse. Before he was slapped into reality.

18 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'd assume he'll be gone for at least the rest of the series. 

Most likely 6+ games I’m thinking 10. 

Its hilarious reading the Lafs fans crying. Saying that Debrusk deserves more for his knee to knee on Kadri where Kadri trying to dodge that hit caused it and that it was the refs fault for letting the game get to that. They were also crying about the NHL has it in for them and let’s Boston do whatever they want. It just makes me happy seeing the Leafs fans all but hurt.  

17 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

Its hilarious reading the Lafs fans crying. Saying that Debrusk deserves more for his knee to knee on Kadri where Kadri trying to dodge that hit caused it and that it was the refs fault for letting the game get to that. They were also crying about the NHL has it in for them and let’s Boston do whatever they want. It just makes me happy seeing the Leafs fans all but hurt.  

I think I kinda agree with the Leafs fans.

Should be one game for Kadri. DeBrusk needed more than nothing for the knee on knee.

Has anyone had an in-person hearing and got less than 5 games? I know it is technically possible but I can't recall it every happening.

He got a three game suspension last year and has something like five suspensions in six years.

Comfortably 5+. I would say 6. It removes him from the playoffs and maybe a few games next year. But I could also see a 10+ to really send a message to him to change his act.

Watching what I think is a replay of Tor/Bos game 2. It’s a wild and woolly game. I don’t remember enjoying non Sabres playoff hockey this much. Good matchups all around. I think someone needs to remind Tampa it’s the playoffs though.

Matthews seems quiet so far this series but Marner is going to work. 

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

I think I kinda agree with the Leafs fans.

Should be one game for Kadri. DeBrusk needed more than nothing for the knee on knee.

As well Pastranak for jump hit on Muzzin in first.  If player safety ignores both makes them even more of a joke. Still Kadri needs to learn to control temper.

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

You can take that to the bank ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Just saw Kadri’s crosscheck on DeBrusk. Would like to have seen Chara cave his face in.

Clearly he and the Bruins are pusses because they didn't immediately decapitate Kadri. Casey Nelsen didn't see the hit so the Bruins didn't know how to react. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, bobs0108 said:

Why?  Four suspensions so far.   Blatant, intentional, dangerous crosscheck to the face.  

The guy has proven he cannot control his temper and play safe hockey when playing in intense game conditions.  Lets remember he was suspended last year in the playoffs too. 

This is 10 games if there ever was a case for it.  I am betting the league goes easier but I see it as 10 games and message sent. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Clearly he and the Bruins are pusses because they didn't immediately decapitate Kadri. Casey Nelsen didn't see the hit so the Bruins didn't know how to react. ?

LOL   Chara was there immediately.  Kadri avoided him and tried to pile on a player that was down. 

Maybe Kadri will get off easy, like 1 to 3 games, and then get to play Boston again should this series extend?  This is not going to end without Kadri getting into more trouble.  The Bruins will take care of this. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

You can take that to the bank …

So you take the check book to the bank and put in the lock box? 

Just like putting the lime in the coconut and then you shake it all up? 

Edited by Pimlach

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.