2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Butter the Jets, they are toast.

Helle cost us the game and thus the season.

I don't think they are done, but they have to win both of the next two games in STL. Tough task, St. Louis is a very good hockey team. 

ROR quit on our team akin to his older brother did with the Amerks. I will never forgive him for that. You don’t tell the media that you didn’t give a full effort all 82 games and then claim to want to stay. He’s a snake and needs to burn in Hell.

Lehner I’m less angry with only because I feel bad for his previous problems and we were nice enough to keep that private while giving him a fresh start. 

WPG and TBL wake the hell up!

Im starting to worry about the worst possible scenario of a Leafs vs Blues final which I wish it could end inconclusively due to a Spanish Flu outbreak like the one in the early part of the 1900’s

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

ROR quit on our team akin to his older brother did with the Amerks. I will never forgive him for that. You don’t tell the media that you didn’t give a full effort all 82 games and then claim to want to stay. He’s a snake and needs to burn in Hell.

Lehner I’m less angry with only because I feel bad for his previous problems and we were nice enough to keep that private while giving him a fresh start. 

WPG and TBL wake the hell up!

Im starting to worry about the worst possible scenario of a Leafs vs Blues final which I wish it could end inconclusively due to a Spanish Flu outbreak like the one in the early part of the 1900’s

He neither quit nor said that. 

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

Is that really bold?

I heard a lot of people saying Tampa would win four straight a few days ago.

I think so. People are burying them right now, and they may lose Kucherov for a game. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He neither quit nor said that. 

It isn’t hard to come to the conclusion he quit on the team. He literally stated he fell out of love with the game and had difficulty motivating himself. If I were his teammate I would suddenly begin to wonder if he wasn’t working his hardest. Minor inconsistencies suddenly become reason to not trust him, regardless of the truth.

Combine that with his brother’s infamous quitting on the Amerks and you can easily conclude he wanted out and had quit on the team.

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

It isn’t hard to come to the conclusion he quit on the team. He literally stated he fell out of love with the game and had difficulty motivating himself. If I were his teammate I would suddenly begin to wonder if he wasn’t working his hardest. Minor inconsistencies suddenly become reason to not trust him, regardless of the truth.

Combine that with his brother’s infamous quitting on the Amerks and you can easily conclude he wanted out and had quit on the team.

Except there is nothing that we saw on the ice about his play to suggest anything other than he wasn't enjoying it.

• Like (+1) 1

ROR didn't quit. 

However, many give lehner a pass for demons, when it's been highly speculated, and known to many locals that ROR had a major drinking problem, take with a grain of salt, but I believe this to be true. 

Sadly, I'm becoming a bit sour on our core, but that is not a convo for this thread 

21 minutes ago, Weave said:

Except there is nothing that we saw on the ice about his play to suggest anything other than he wasn't enjoying it.

You and Blue can continue to think ROR was scapegoated but I honestly will always believe there was far more to it than that. 

Thus I will always despise him for that and for seemingly re-finding his love in St. Louis. 

So I pray the Blues lose by round 2 not only because of him but for their draft pick which if one of CBJ, VGK, DAL, or COL make it out of the 2nd round we'd get the 19th pick.

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

You and Blue can continue to think ROR was scapegoated but I honestly will always believe there was far more to it than that. 

Thus I will always despise him for that and for seemingly re-finding his love in St. Louis. 

So I pray the Blues lose by round 2 not only because of him but for their draft pick which if one of CBJ, VGK, DAL, or COL make it out of the 2nd round we'd get the 19th pick.

Look at all the discouraged fans on this forum.  Lots of people have lost their love of hockey during the Sabres tank years.  Can't say I blame him at all.  Yes there may be more to it, but it's clear that the Sabres traded away one of their best players for a bag of beans.  It certainly hurt them this season; the long-term effect is TBD but it's hard to image the return will be worth it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Hatred is heating up all three games tonight ended with scrums...

Even coaches in Vegas Sharks game were yelling at each other at end.

this is what I miss about Sabres not playing...you get rivalries and hate teams again. We have none of this

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Kucherov suspended one game by DOPS

Probably would have been more had it happened in the regular season. Glad they at least gave him something, he deserves it. Tampa is definitely in an even greater hole now. 

Edited by #freejame

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.