2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

There isn't another major league with a post-season so drastically different to the regular season as the NHL, right? It's basically a different game and mindset and I'm starting to entertain the idea that these Lightning aren't so assuredly positioned to find success as I thought.

Imagine being a GM, you have to build a team that can compete in two different game-types. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

Who's watching TB and Columbus?  

Columbus is playing great and TB looks all freaked out.  

One more solid period and Columbus can take this baby back home up 2-0.

I love it.

LOL!  Zach Werenski with the first "Gordie Howe hat trick" in Columbus franchise history.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, freester said:

I think if Tampa loses this series  they will make some big changes in the offseason. There were rumors they were interested in Risto. 

Right now, their biggest issue is Torts is eating Coopers lunch while French kissing coopers wife between bites and saying “I dare you to try and stop me”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, freester said:

I think if Tampa loses this series  they will make some big changes in the offseason. There were rumors they were interested in Risto. 

That's getting a little ahead of things, but by all means, a huge TB shake-up would be really interesting if it happens and Buffalo finds a way to get involved with that.

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Jones is so good.

Tampa would be nuts to fire Cooper. I’d  fire our coach to sign him even if we just hired him two days before.

They are notorious for blowing it in the playoffs, and they're doing it again. 

If they can't at least make it to the Finals, would you want to hold on to him? 

In my opinion, I'd take several guys before I took Cooper. But, that's just my opinion. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m as surprised as anyone, but people have been selling Columbus short.

The have an elite goalie, a deep defence led by one of the best in the world, they’re built for grinding playoff hockey and their forward lines are deep enough that Boone Jenner is on their fourth line.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.