2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

I don't doubt that Kane has probably matured as a person, I wish him best of luck in SJ, although I'm not happy with his incidents here (def don't need to hash into that) 

With that being said, damn do I love playoff hockey, the first round is awesome because there are so many games, I had an evening off and I was constantly flipping between all the games available, basically skipped all the commercials and intermission. 

Every team finds a way to turn it up, the refs let some obvious stuff go (inconsistently) but I notice the players are griping a bit less that in the regular season. 

I can't wait for the Sabres to get back into this dance.....ill keep hoping, one day we will. 

Lastly, anyone think CBJ can take out Tampa in this series? 

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Lastly, anyone think CBJ can take out Tampa in this series? 

The NHL SiriusXM guys were talking about this.  They said it was somewhat likely that Columbus would take Game 1, but if they did, Tampa would crush them afterward.  Let's see if they're right.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The NHL SiriusXM guys were talking about this.  They said it was somewhat likely that Columbus would take Game 1, but if they did, Tampa would crush them afterward.  Let's see if they're right.

I agree that's probably the scenario, I think Tampa used all it's bullets in that first period and CBJ wore them down, I don't expect that to happen again..... With that being said, Columbus really did cycle well and have a decent presence in the O zone, also played equally as physical. I'm not counting them out honestly 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Cannot believeTampa Bay choked away a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3 to a team they had outscored 17-3 in their meetings this year...

That’s playoff hockey though. It’s just a completely different game..... it makes the regular reason almost a waste to follow. It’s unlike any other sport. Goalies get hot, unsung heroes emerge, injuries to star players happen, players play through injuries/pain (with often diminished return), etc.

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

That’s playoff hockey though. It’s just a completely different game..... it makes the regular reason almost a waste to follow. It’s unlike any other sport. Goalies get hot, unsung heroes emerge, injuries to star players happen, players play through injuries/pain (with often diminished return), etc.

1996:  Detroit Red Wings:  131 points.  Result:  Lost WCF vs. Colorado (Detroit won the next two Cups with much lower point totals during regular season)

2019:  Tampa Bay Lightning:  128 points.  Result:  ?

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

1996:  Detroit Red Wings:  131 points.  Result:  Lost WCF vs. Colorado (Detroit won the next two Cups with much lower point totals during regular season)

2019:  Tampa Bay Lightning:  128 points.  Result:  ?

How many years have we seen where the #1 seed virtually guaranteed you wouldn’t win the cup? 

The crowd gets into it (home-ice advantage becomes amplified), the refs put the whistles away (tighter checking), less PP opportunities,  odd fortuitous bounces (posts) or brilliant saves, teams develop familiarity (only focus on the tendencies of one opponent), develop different approaches/strategies. It’s a whole new ball game!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.