2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Brawndo

13 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Leafs out in 4, fans will be pissed

Bruins have been good and the Leags are a mess right now with poor defence and no goaltending. Boston might be one place petitioning the league to leave the playoff format alone.....

I fully support this.  I despise both teams but of the two I want Boston to have the success.

14 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Leafs out in 4, fans will be pissed

Bruins have been good and the Leags are a mess right now with poor defence and no goaltending. Boston might be one place petitioning the league to leave the playoff format alone.....

I don't think there's much of a chance the leafs fire Babcock.  Being swept in 4 is the only scenario there is a slim chance.

Just now, Derrico said:

I don't think there's much of a chance the leafs fire Babcock.  Being swept in 4 is the only scenario there is a slim chance.

Yea I agree. I think Babcocks job is rather safe unless there is a monumental downward spiral next season. Which I think is almost impossible considering the talent on the team.

Yeah I am definitely in on watching the TO @ Boston. Watching the last couple of reg season games they played this year was very entertaining and I hope they beat the crap out of each other since I want whoever wins to lose next round anyways.

Other series I will watch in curiosity;

Canes @ Washington; How real are both teams, The Canes really came on 2nd half under Rod whom I still loathe after that playoff loss and Wash looked beatable down the stretch, do they have another gear they were holding back.

Pens @ Isles; Well since I have lived in Pgh since 92 I know the Pens team and have gotten to see them in the Playoffs for the 13th straight season, For the Isles is the Trotz factor real and can it get them through a first round series. Pens aren't as deep as they were last year so flip a coin. 

Jackets @ Tampa; Just don't see Columbus providing much  of a challenge unless Tampa takes them lightly. 

Out west only really interested in 2 of the series.

Blues @ Jets: Well of course with the Blues there is the was Ryan O' Really the factor in our previous losing ways but more about the way these 2 teams played each other hard during the season series. Very entertaining physical all out hockey  is what I saw and of Course their is Meyers to see how he has or hasn't matured as a Playoff hockey top 4 Dman.

Knights @ Sharks; Since a kid I have had a thing about knights, chivalry and King Arthur but it's really their goalie Marc Andre Fluery I have followed since Pens days. I always liked him(met him here once great person and family man) and I wanted the Sabres to get him when they needed a goalie. Against the old Sabres whipping boy, alleged Mr bad influence Kane who has since turned over new leaf married trying to become a Dad. Wow never saw that coming when he moved closer to home. Maybe there is something terribly wrong with the Or-Gan-i-zation after all ?          

Last I am curious to see what kind of officiating takes place in these playoffs. Are they swallowing the whistle and back to interference, mugging all over the ice or free skating high scoring action.  I think that will definitely help or hurt who makes it to final four. 

My picks from 1st round

From East; the easy maybe lazy picks,  Tampa - Wash - Boston - Pens 

From West;  Preds - Jets - Flames - Knights    

As much as I hate the Bruins I hate the Leafs more so go Boston ! That will consume most of my playoff attention in the first round. My wife thinks because the Sabres crapped the bed once again that I have no interest in the playoffs. Muhahahaha muahahahaha

On 4/8/2019 at 10:29 AM, Derrico said:

There are rumors that theres a bit of a rift between him and Dubas the GM, but I think it's highly unlikely they can him for an early exit. Although there are some vocal Leaf fans calling for his head.....

On 4/8/2019 at 9:27 AM, LTS said:

I fully support this.  I despise both teams but of the two I want Boston to have the success.

I always cheer for both to lose, or a sink hile to open up under the arena during one of the games

19 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Announcer just mentioned the Island have a sell out crowd of just under 14k. Holy hell that place is tiny 

Edit: 1st round is played at the Collesseum, all other at Barclays apparently 

Yea I knew that place was smaller than average. I didn’t think it was 4,000 seats smaller than average.

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I love how north south Winnipeg plays. 

Sabres have the horses to do that for sure. We just need the freakin coach and system to do it. 

Connor, Ehlers, Schiefle, Laine, Wheeler...we do not have the horses to do that 

Edited by WildCard

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Connor, Ehlers, Schiefle, Laine, Wheeler...we do not have the horses to do that 

I’m sorry. I’m not explaining myself well. 

The ACTUAL system of playing a more north south faster paced game.... we do have the pieces to do that.

The level of talent to execute it to the degree Winnipeg does it on a nightly basis and into the playoffs .... no, we do not.

Its clearly two different things there ...

Edited by Zamboni

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.