OT Jim Whitesell Hired as UB Men’s HC

Brawndo

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Exactly. This smacks of desperation by an AD clearly over his head.  He hires a search firm and then doubles back after he loses his big recruiter and all of his recruits. Awful. If they had any press coverage he would be getting dragged through burning coal embers for this.

It's really like he got caught with his pants down. The whole thing looks like he had no plans in place should Oats leave. Insane.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's really like he got caught with his pants down. The whole thing looks like he had no plans in place should Oats leave. Insane.

I don't think his type understands things to the level of obsessive fans like us nut jobs on here. 

12 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

And given that the contract Oates signed was a UB protection contract, they really should have had a plan in place.  It makes no sense for them to be caught without an contingency.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

And given that the contract Oates signed was a UB protection contract, they really should have had a plan in place.  It makes no sense for them to be caught without an contingency.

Is it possible he was naive enough to think the mild pay bump was enough to fend off programs from power conferences? 

12 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Is it possible he was naive enough to think the mild pay bump was enough to fend off programs from power conferences? 

Hoo boy.  That would make him unfit for the position, me thinks.

15 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Which, after restructuring the contract because he KNEW Oats was going to leave, makes this a whole new level of stupid.

On 4/7/2019 at 2:44 AM, tom webster said:

A program that deserves better. If they had any sort of press coverage he’d be getting skewered. Mark Alnutt is the “Peter Principle” personified.

I'm just hoping inkman can have a field day with the name Mark Alnutt.

From what I understand, Whitesell is the X's and O's guy. I also hear that he's had a fairly lengthy career already -- kicked around. 

So, while he may be able to draw up a play to get a bucket in a certain situation, I don't have any reason to believe that he's the guy to lead your program.

So -- it seems like a strange hire.

Unless the plan is just to have him as a stop-gap -- to evade further poaching by Oats.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.