Ivan's Draft Dream 2019

IvanPutski

Sabres win the draft lottery and call up Vancouver and offer it for Bo Horvat and their 1st round pick.   We get our 2nd line center (and still don't lose the first round pick) who has already played in the league and they get their Sedins 2.0.     

Two questions:

1.)  Would you do it if you were the Sabres?

2.)  Would you do it if you were the Canucks?

5 minutes ago, IvanPutski said:

Sabres win the draft lottery and call up Vancouver and offer it for Bo Horvat and their 1st round pick.   We get our 2nd line center (and still don't lose the first round pick) who has already played in the league and they get their Sedins 2.0.     

Two questions:

Only way I would even consider this would be if Vancouver has the 2nd Overall Pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

The way this draft stacks up, I would do it if the Canucks pick in the top nine. Horvat is 24 and the perfect 2nd line centre and the drop-off in this draft isn’t steep.

The Canucks would do it if they think Hughes is more Kane than Hischier (I dont) because elite guys don’t grow on trees. They already have their first and second line centres.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

If I was Buffalo, I think I would do it, assuming Vancouver is in the top 10.

Horvat is an excellent player and exactly what Buffalo needs.  Hughes could be a star equal to Eichel, but is not a sure thing.  This draft has depth in the lottery.

I don’t think Vancouver would do it unless they are completely out of their minds’ for Hughes.

5 hours ago, IvanPutski said:

Two questions:

1.)  Yes.  If Vancouver's pick, after the dust settles, is somewhere in the top 5.  If it is lower than that ... 85 - 99% yes, depending where their pick lands.

2.)  Yes.

I need a little more than that for Jack Hughes.

Give me Horvat, their 1st round pick, and one of Troy Stecher or Ben Hutton.

(I'm p*ssed that they signed Jake Kielly and Botterill couldn't pull it off, after the kid was in Sabres development camp last summer.)

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

The way this draft stacks up, I would do it if the Canucks pick in the top nine. Horvat is 24 and the perfect 2nd line centre and the drop-off in this draft isn’t steep.

The Canucks would do it if they think Hughes is more Kane than Hischier (I dont) because elite guys don’t grow on trees. They already have their first and second line centres.

You don't think Hughes is a Kane-level prospect? Totally disagree. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.