GDT: Season Finale Sabres at Detroit April 6th, 2019 7PM MSG

Brawndo

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Road game to end I'd be surprised if they did anything but float and stink tonight. 

In true Buffalo sports tradition, the Sabres will play lights out tonight, crisp passes, fast skating, grit, heart, effort and great goaltending just to piss us all off and say, "Where the fu*k has THAT team been all year?"

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tondas said:

In true Buffalo sports tradition, the Sabres will play lights out tonight, crisp passes, fast skating, grit, heart, effort and great goaltending just to piss us all off and say, "Where the fu*k has THAT team been all year?"

I wouldn’t mind seeing Jack hit 30 goals.  That would be two from him tonight.  I’d also like to see young Rasmus get a multi-point game to end the season.  I’m fine with a win.  Draft lottery aside, a couple wins and good hockey from this group would be a nice way to finish the season.

25 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Girgs and Larry with four point nights, lol 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I think they will start good and take a lead.  Detroit will battle back in front of the hometown crowd.   Sabres will then fold and run for the bus.  You draft pick fans will be happy.  

5 hours ago, inkman said:

If they fire Housley, trade Risto for a #2 center, move out Scandella, Larsson, Girgensons and Sobotka, bring in an actual NHL starting goalie and draft a top 5 player; I think the board will be teeming with excitement.  Throw in a couple rugged wingers  that aren't anemic offensively and maybe we're onto something. 

For the last time ?

That is a lot to ask in one offseason.. make it so.

Finally this season of disappointment will end.  Off season will be interesting.  I expect PH to be canned and some players moving on.  New Head Coach will influence who gets shown the door. Hope they bring in some veterans who have good work ethics and be able to provide on ice examples on how to play in the NHL to the younger guys.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.