GDT: Season Finale Sabres at Detroit April 6th, 2019 7PM MSG

Brawndo

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more...

The Finale is finally upon us. The Once Hopeful Season that looked as if it  could have ended the playoff doldrums for a weary fan base instead has descended into the doldrums of another lost season. 

The emegence of both Rasmus Dahlin and Jeff Skinner has been replaced but the possibility this is the latter’s final game in the blue and gold. 

Tonight’s match up has implications in draft lottery positioning, a loss cements the Sabres into the 4th Best Odds. A win could move them as low as 6th. 

Is this Phil’s Finale as the Sabres HC? 

What offseason moves in terms of trades or FA Signings will Jason Botterill make? 

Only time will tell. 

In the meantime, Ladies and Gentlemen It has been a privilege posting with you this year..

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 4

• SDS pinned this topic

Your commitment to posting this right at midnight is to be commended.

I've nothing else for this season. Hoped for more, as most did.  Not as upset, as most are.

Next year will come as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. What it holds?  We shall see.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I’ll be watching since my wife is working tonight.  I never root fot loss.  

We are going to finish 4th, 5th, or 6th in the poll position.  Then the lottery, who knows?  

There are good C and W prospects, we should be able to find a good player.   

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Must lose. 

Actually idc, I was able to see that fun game vs Ottawa and enjoy the pommers goodbye, that was my season finale! I won't watch tonight, but I enjoy you ass holes, so I'll. Probably just follow along on here 

As much as it pains me to worsen their draft position, giving the fans a nice send off was needed.  We've been through a hell of a season.  Pommers deserved the standing O, it was great he was able to score to allow for it. 

• Like (+1) 2

The remains of this dead season need to be buried deep in an unmarked grave in an undisclosed location, then thoroughly trampled by a herd of horses so that no one can find and dig it back up.  I shall now spend the offseason arguing with myself over whether to renew my NHL.tv subscription... which I totally will because of course.  

Let's hope the worm turns beginning in October.   

It would be nice to play well today and have a high scoring loss. Similar to our home finale, hoping Detroit plays inspired in their home finale. They were in Contention for last overall before winning something like 8 of their last 10, so they've been playing well, especially Larkin's line. I expect skinner to resign shortly after the end of the season, as the sabres need some good news to give their fans. Especially after the confirm housley is coming back

Boba Bett: How long have you been tanking?
Eich Iceslider: About three or four seasons...
GMJBOT: Our players (not picks!) are available for trade if you want them.
Bett: Let me see your lottery odds.
JBOT: You don't need to see our lottery odds.
Bett: We don't need to see your lottery odds.
JBOT: We really should be picking above number 4.
Bett: You should be picking above number 4.
JBOT: We can continue our rebuild in a slow, methodical way.
Bett: You can continue your rebuild in a slow, methodical way.
JBOT: Go Sabres (and go Amerks).
Bett: Go Sabres! Go Amerks!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

It's a win win either way tonight. If Sabres win game they will have won back to back games for the first time since streak. I they lose then they will finish fourth worst in league and getter better odds in lottery. 

Winning back to back games is not a "win".  That's a loss.  We need everything we can to convince Pegula that Housey needs to go, and who knows, Botterill could be at risk too.  I don't expect the latter, but you don't know with Pegula.

Would like to see the season finish out in as an ugly as possible fashion; this term deserves that, and nothing substantive is to be gained by a win anyway.

11 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

It’s going to be another long, painful offseason on this board. 

If they fire Housley, trade Risto for a #2 center, move out Scandella, Larsson, Girgensons and Sobotka, bring in an actual NHL starting goalie and draft a top 5 player; I think the board will be teeming with excitement.  Throw in a couple rugged wingers  that aren't anemic offensively and maybe we're onto something. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh look Dahlin gets to carry Risto around. Fun times. 

For the last time ?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.