Got a link to a good Sabres podcast or radio show segment? Post it here.

nfreeman

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

In the full episode, Friedman says if Buffalo or Edmonton win the lottery again, expect changes to the lottery 

Almost like you should have a better chance to stay in your draft spot than to move up. Maybe making the lottery such a cluster was a bad idea. 

6 hours ago, WildCard said:

In the full episode, Friedman says if Buffalo or Edmonton win the lottery again, expect changes to the lottery  

If 2 of the 'NBC 6' (Rangers, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Flyers, Penguins or Bruins) kept winning the lottery, they would applaud the system.

Funny how it works isn't it?

23 minutes ago, WildCard said:

tl;dl?

Two months ago nobody within the organization could have expected to move on from Housley. Likely there was some communication breakdown between Housley and the players. Modern coaches need to be talking to players day in and day out to help them understand what is expected. Players now are looking for more direction. I don’t remember much being said about on ice results. Eichels name came up in terms of communicating. Said Botts must have known there was a problem to not do exit interviews first bI’m at work but later this afternoon I’ll find the times. He probably only spends about five minutes or so on buffalo. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, #freejame said:

Two months ago nobody within the organization could have expected to move on from Housley. Likely there was some communication breakdown between Housley and the players. Modern coaches need to be talking to players day in and day out to help them understand what is expected. Players now are looking for more direction. I don’t remember much being said about on ice results. Eichels name came up in terms of communicating. Said Botts must have known there was a problem to not do exit interviews first bI’m at work but later this afternoon I’ll find the times. He probably only spends about five minutes or so on buffalo. 

I've seen multiple people write that Botterill had no input from players before firing Housley. It's not what John Vogl said in the Athletic though.

One of those interactions with players was last Monday,

The Athletic has learned. With just days left in a disappointing season, Botterill met with the leadership group to get a late-season feel for things. Though two of the players involved declined to comment, anyone who’s watched since mid-December knows the late-season feel was glum and fueled by losses.

Link- https://theathletic.com/910829/2019/04/07/in-results-driven-business-jason-botterill-is-out-to-find-a-coach-who-can-get-them-after-phil-housley-firing/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.