GDT:Home Finale 4/4/19 Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres 7pm MSG

Brawndo

10 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Hutton is currently being out dueled by a goalie who can't even skate backwards.

I said it when they signed him, he has never played a full season as a starter, he had one season over his career where he played around 60 games. He is a backup/1b at the very best. At his age, he is not likely to just become a very good starter.

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well this team already has lots of fans, whether they deserve them or not they do have themThis was a great and proud franchise at one time. 

How would you like to be at the game with your young kids?  Raising a family and paying big money for the tickets.   Would you want the team to tank?  Would you want to see them  lose to the horrible Ottawa Senators?  Which BTW is the actual team in the basement. 

Tanking and losing will get you NOTHING.  Tanking for a better Lottery pick is for losers.   It's time to start winning.  Now. Today.

I dont know, for the last few years here (and for a long time on the Bill's board) everyone keeps saying how you have to tank to get the best pick possible if your not a contender. Winning out or getting 'meaningless wins' late in the season dont so anything for the team except cost them draft positioning. Apparently you just accumulate highly rated projects and one day flip the switch to start winning and become a contender.....

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I said it when they signed him, he has never played a full season as a starter, he had one season over his career where he played around 60 games. He is a backup/1b at the very best. At his age, he is not likely to just become a very good starter.

Yes true.  I saw him last year in St Louis and he was better then Allen that year, he just had a great year.  Still, he benefited form the Blues being a very good club, hey play with a defense first mentality. 

I see him as a number one in Buffalo for just two years with the hopes that Uhlmark passes him in year two.  Unfortunately,  Uhlmark is not looking to be on that path right now.   

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well this team already has lots of fans, whether they deserve them or not they do have themThis was a great and proud franchise at one time. 

How would you like to be at the game with your young kids?  Raising a family and paying big money for the tickets.   Would you want the team to tank?  Would you want to see them  lose to the horrible Ottawa Senators?  Which BTW is the actual team in the basement. 

Tanking and losing will get you NOTHING.  Tanking for a better Lottery pick is for losers.   It's time to start winning.  Now. Today.

Actually, I had four tickets to this game because it is usually my kids favorite one of the year. I decided not to take them in case there were Boos.

There is nothing more that I am looking forward to than being able to take my kids again without them wanting to leave after the 1st period. 

This is exactly why i hate this team right now...

45 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin now with more points in his rookie season than Orr. Nice accomplishment - Orr did play a fair few less games. 

Sure... but Orr never faced a slider, errrr... a video-scouted defense against his rush, or a neutral zone trap, etc.  Dahlin is really smooth and makes it look easy. He's my new Lando. Rasmus Dahlissinian.

Still catching up to the live game, but Olofsson is a sure shot, shooting.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Actually, I had four tickets to this game because it is usually my kids favorite one of the year. I decided not to take them in case there were Boos.

There is nothing more that I am looking forward to than being able to take my kids again without them wanting to leave after the 1st period. 

This is exactly why i hate this team right now...

Sure.  I don't blame you but don't root for them to lose and don't believe in tanking.  Two wrongs do not make a right. 

We tanked and lost the lottery.  We missed Eckblad, we picked Reinhart. Lets not forget that we left Draisital, Pasternak, and Larkin on the board.  All are excellent players. 

We tanked again and lost the lottery again.  Missed McDavid and got Eichel.  Is  Eichel playing any better than Aho and Marner?   No. 

Losing on purpose for a draft pick is wrong.   The Lottery is there to stop such behavior. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Why don't i have a very good feeling about Casey being much of a player? We cannot afford to have that be the case 

Are you trying to say our 8th picks are cursed?

I'll be shocked if Olaffsson doesn't make the roster out of camp next season. He's going to be good for 20 goals on the PP next year.

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Why don't i have a very good feeling about Casey being much of a player? We cannot afford to have that be the case 

Maybe when we win this year's lottery...    But I still think he's going to be fine. I am going to be blasting the Petula Clark all next season. At least, that's my plan.

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Are you trying to say our 8th picks are cursed?

I'll be shocked if Olaffsson doesn't make the roster out of camp next season. He's going to be good for 20 goals on the PP next year.

He needs to rent a place in Buffalo now.  I hear that PH's condo will be available shortly.

Jack looked like this earlier in the season, before that short injury he had: dominant.

It's superstar level play. I'm not sure if it's purely personal development and to what degree coaching could help, but the franchise needs to do everything they can to help JE reach his full potential, which apparently lies in finding consistency. They possibilities are eye-opening. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Jack looked like this earlier in the season, before that short injury he had: dominant.

It's superstar level play. I'm not sure if it's purely personal development and to what degree coaching could help, but the franchise needs to do everything they can to help JE reach his full potential, which apparently lies in finding consistency. They possibilities are eye-opening. 

I don't expect Jack to play like this every game. No one does.

But it does show you how much better our chances of winning are when he is on the top of his game.

One more to 80?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.