GDT:Home Finale 4/4/19 Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres 7pm MSG

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Alex should be heading East on the 90 this afternoon 

Phil is such a tool. That second line makes want to bang my head against the wall. Dahlin and Risto on D together. What could possibly go wrong? 

Phil is either not even trying or trying to get fired. Not even puck drop and I’m aggravated.

8 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

5 players away from competing next year, 5 new upgrades folks. Sabres organization being very risky with plastic bobblehead night for the closer. Let's just hope fans have good aim with the 6 players that need to be replaced. One good shot to Okposo could free up that spot, that's for sure.

Oof.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd sign Pommers to a 1 year deal. He's a capable 3rd line guy and can occasionally play up the lineup. 

Possible last game in a Sabres uniform at home for this guy and Phil throws him on the 4th line. WUT????? Phil needs to go, no if ands or buts, just GO.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Ottawa bringing up a 22 year old rookie goalie to "join the team" for the rest of the season.

LOL.  Epic tank move.

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/senators-sign-goaltender-joey-daccord-to-a-two-year-entry-level-contract/c-306343172

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Didn't they clinch last place?

3 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Yes, they did

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Weird to tank when you don't own your first round pick this year. 

Well, Ottawa hasn’t exactly been following the conventional wisdom, now have they?

28 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd sign Pommers to a 1 year deal. He's a capable 3rd line guy and can occasionally play up the lineup. 

Doesn’t that just get in the way of trying to bring in someone better?

I can name eight players already on the roster I’d rather have in the middle six next year than Pommers - Rodrigues, Mittelstadt, Sheary, Okposo, Nylander Olofsson, Smith and Thompson - and that’s before I add two better middle six players in the off-season.

Pominville is done here. Housley refused to deploy him in the only role that made sense: Eichel's smart veteran wingman. If he's not playing on Eichel's wing then he has no value. 

Thanks for trying Jason. Sorry Phil nuked your last season as a Sabre, and maybe as an NHLer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Wish Pommers could be on one of the top lines for this game, hope Nylander isn't out for non-injury, wish Skinner could also be bumped up so we can try and not piss him off being lower than line 2, and am tired of seeing Dahlin/Risto being paired...I didn't say anything revolutionary and probably everyone was thinking this anyway. Peace out, Lousley.

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

5 players away from competing next year, 5 new upgrades folks. Sabres organization being very risky with plastic bobblehead night for the closer. Let's just hope fans have good aim with the 6 players that need to be replaced. One good shot to Okposo could free up that spot, that's for sure.

Dude, not cool. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ca63b92347a635549

44 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Pominville is done here. Housley refused to deploy him in the only role that made sense: Eichel's smart veteran wingman. If he's not playing on Eichel's wing then he has no value. 

Thanks for trying Jason. Sorry Phil nuked your last season as a Sabre, and maybe as an NHLer. 

Long time no see.  I think.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Doesn’t that just get in the way of trying to bring in someone better?

I can name eight players already on the roster I’d rather have in the middle six next year than Pommers - Rodrigues, Mittelstadt, Sheary, Okposo, Nylander Olofsson, Smith and Thompson - and that’s before I add two better middle six players in the off-season.

Never hurts to have depth. I don't count on all those guys making the team. I also don't mind Pommers on the 4th line as he is very solid in his own end. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Buffalo's never been a "litter the ice" kind of crowd. Rick has bragged on that many times in the past. It's hard to think of a venue in the league where it happens, in fact. Philly maybe? Also — the kind of person who buys Sabres tickets, if they actually bother to use the ticket themselves, is the kind of person who suspects the bobblehead will have some value on eBay. So there's no way people are letting Jack bobble out of their deathgrips.

Edited by PASabreFan

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Also — the kind of person who buys Sabres tickets, if they actually bother to use the ticket themselves, is the kind of person who suspects the bobblehead will have some value on eBay. So there's no way people are letting Jack bobble out of their deathgrips.

Yeah, you never know, he may wind up being good.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

cut.jpg

LAST GAME
Tuesday, April 2
Nashville 3 at Buffalo 2
Goals: Okposo, Skinner
Goalie: Hutton (32 saves/35 shots)
PP: 0/3; PK: 1/1; Shots: Nashville 35 – Buffalo 28

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 243)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Matt Hunwick (upper body, March 23) – 7 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, March 25) – 6 games
Vladimir Sobotka (upper body, March 30) – 3 games
Marco Scandella (lower body, March 31) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
4/3: Assigned D William Borgen to Rochester (AHL)

REMAINING GAMES
Saturday, April 6: Buffalo at Detroit, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SENATORS at SABRES

• This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Senators this season.
  • Last meeting: Ottawa defeated Buffalo 4-0 in Ottawa on March 26
  • The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 6-3-1 at home.
  • This is the 141st game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 68-52-20 series record.
  • The Sabres are 37-23-8 at home against the Senators all-time.

THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 5-11-2 all-time on April 4.
  • April 4, 1973: The Sabres appear in the first playoff game in franchise history, a 2-1 loss at Montreal.
  • April 4, 1981: The Sabres chase Red Wings goaltender Larry Lozinski with three goals on eight shots in the first period on the way to a 5-4 win in Detroit that featured two-goal performances by Tony McKegney and Andre Savard.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Speaking of Risto, let me share how god awful he really is using a stat that I only bring up because of the difference. The 2nd worst +/- in his draft class is Bo Horvat at -50. Ristolainen is the worst at, -145. 

Even after you take into account the fact that Ristolainen has played 47 more games than Horvat, he's still blowing him out of the water in that competition.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.