McDavid not happy with Edmonton...

sweetlou

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Probably?

What was Tyler Myers' trajectory?

These are the kinds of posts that can be snipped, in either direction lol.

Lol, if you for 1 second think that Dahlin is Myers, well I don't really know what to tell you. 

As to snipping in either direction, no it won't be. Dahlin is simply too good mentally and physically for that to occur. He will be better next year because he will have 5 full months of training and growing before he plays for us again. Considering how much he has grown in the last 5 months, I will make any bet you want that barring injury, Dahlin's overall game next year will be better. It will be better than Myers rookie season as well. 

51 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Gotta love the "package up our trash" deals. In all seriousness, just for fun, is there anything the Sabres could offer to get McDavid? Would Eichel and Dahlin be enough? Would you make the deal? I sure as hell would! A good top center and potential for a possible all-time great? No brainer there.

When you lack depth, you don't do 2 to 1 trades like this. You especially don't do them when Dahlin is who Dahlin is. 

3 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'd do eichel and anybody else they wanted not named Dahlin, and probably add a 1st to get it done

Eichel/Reino/1st 

Eichel/Risto/any prospect/1st

Eichel/sobotka/okpkso/6th rounder E5

Eichel/1 night on Terry's yacht with Kim/3 Doug Allen appearances. 

Edmonton hangs up on all those offers minus the last. ?

Edited by inkman

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Why would we make this trade? 

Why would Edmonton? We just don’t match up on a Draisaitl deal. There aren’t many teams that could. It’s a situation where we can jumble together a handful of pieces that appear to match “value” but don’t make any sense for Edmonton. They would say no to any realistic offer we can make that doesn’t include Eichel/Dahlin.

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The same could be said once when a team traded a young Wayne Gretzky.......

No matter how many times people mention this it’s still not relevant. The circumstances that created that trade were incredibly unique.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'd do eichel and anybody else they wanted not named Dahlin, and probably add a 1st to get it done

Eichel/Reino/1st 

Eichel/Risto/any prospect/1st

Eichel/sobotka/okpkso/6th rounder E5

Eichel/1 night on Terry's yacht with Kim/3 Doug Allen appearances. 

Just to be clear... Doug is on the yacht, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Reports are out that McDavid not happy with direction Edmonton is going in.  They have no GM and like Buffalo he is frustrated with the losing culture.  Everyone on CapFriendly is making their trade proposals of what it would take to get McDavid.  I went a different twist and looked at who on Edmonton might Buffalo be able to get if they have a roster make over.

My trade idea...

Buffalo sends Reinhart, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt, and Sobotka to Edmonton for Draisaitl, Benning, and Kassian.

Guy had three years to see what direction they were going in and about decade or so of historical context prior to resigning with them. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

What? So you wouldn't want Draisaitl because he is on a losing team?

EDM is not just a “losing team”. That team is downright cursed and it’s not because they don’t have the talent. They certainly do. Draisaitl would probably do very well on a winning team, surrounded by people interested in winning, which would eventually rub off on him. This does not describe the Buffalo Sabres. 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Radar said:

So glad you're not evaluating talent for our team it's bad enough already.

At one point in this season, our roster contained the league leading goal scorer. Skinner was at the top. How did that work out for us? Do you honestly think plugging in a player who has experienced nothing but losing is going to automatically help us? I don’t have these answers.

Again, to let you know where I’m coming from. I was a huge tank proponent. People said it will taint the team by instilling a losing culture. I laughed at this and called BS. Today, I’m not so sure. I see the same teams winning each year and I see the same old teams losing each year. There’s little movement between the groups, despite having very different drafting positions. 

3 minutes ago, kas23 said:

At one point in this season, our roster contained the league leading goal scorer. Skinner was at the top. How did that work out for us? Do you honestly think plugging in a player who has experienced nothing but losing is going to automatically help us? I don’t have these answers.

Again, to let you know where I’m coming from. I was a huge tank proponent. People said it will taint the team by instilling a losing culture. I laughed at this and called BS. Today, I’m not so sure. I see the same teams winning each year and I see the same old teams losing each year. There’s little movement between the groups, despite having very different drafting positions. 

Because the NHL has killed UFA signings and so the only way to get good players is to draft and develop them. This means it takes longer. GMTM screwed a lot up by selling off the players that could be here now helping. So we have to wait again for development. The tank worked, the rebuild did not. 

5 hours ago, kas23 said:

EDM is not just a “losing team”. That team is downright cursed and it’s not because they don’t have the talent. They certainly do. Draisaitl would probably do very well on a winning team, surrounded by people interested in winning, which would eventually rub off on him. This does not describe the Buffalo Sabres. 

So wait for a talented player to spend a few years on a successful team then trade for him? Two problems with that.

1. Sabres don’t have the luxury of doing that. Nor does any team. 

2. This method does not change the Sabres culture by holding current players accountable. In turn it likely makes talented players with good attitudes not want to come here. Look at the big names we recently had. Kane, O’Reily, even Skinner. None of them known for great attitudes but they chose to come here.

6 hours ago, kas23 said:

Draisaitl does very well on Edmonton.  

A big part of their problem is that McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH are their only top-6 quality forwards.  Their defense looks ok, but not above average.  They don’t have a proven starting goaltender.  That team does not have the talent to be good.  

It’s not a magic curse and it’s not because they some mysterious sad cloud hanging over the arena.

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

No matter how many times people mention this it’s still not relevant. The circumstances that created that trade were incredibly unique.

It is relevant because even the greatest player to play the game can be traded, it just shows no one is untouchable. There may have been other circumstances behind the deal, but it still shows that any player can be moved.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

It is relevant because even the greatest player to play the game can be traded, it just shows no one is untouchable. There may have been other circumstances behind the deal, but it still shows that any player can be moved.

There are a lot of reasons an eventual McDavid trade is realistic (absolute 0% chance it happens this offseason) but the bananas circumstances that ended in a Gretzky trade don’t have anything to do with it.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:13 PM, sweetlou said:

Reports are out that McDavid not happy with direction Edmonton is going in.  They have no GM and like Buffalo he is frustrated with the losing culture.  Everyone on CapFriendly is making their trade proposals of what it would take to get McDavid.  I went a different twist and looked at who on Edmonton might Buffalo be able to get if they have a roster make over.

My trade idea...

Buffalo sends Reinhart, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt, and Sobotka to Edmonton for Draisaitl, Benning, and Kassian.

I would just do Reinhart & Risto for Draisaitl & Kassian.

McDavid isn't going anywhere. That's crazy talk.

On 4/4/2019 at 5:21 AM, sweetlou said:

No, as much as I don't really care for Eichel's game I see the potential in Dahlin as an 18 year old that makes me want to keep him.

Would I package a deal of Eichel, Risto, and Reinhart for McDavid? Probably

nothing without Dahlin involved would get you McDavid

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.