McDavid not happy with Edmonton...

sweetlou

Reports are out that McDavid not happy with direction Edmonton is going in.  They have no GM and like Buffalo he is frustrated with the losing culture.  Everyone on CapFriendly is making their trade proposals of what it would take to get McDavid.  I went a different twist and looked at who on Edmonton might Buffalo be able to get if they have a roster make over.

My trade idea...

Buffalo sends Reinhart, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt, and Sobotka to Edmonton for Draisaitl, Benning, and Kassian.

1 minute ago, Radar said:

Mods need to monitor titles of threads. Title should not mention trade at all.

I would agree with this. This is not a trade. Clickbait title.

if the title said something about “put your trade proposals here”. That would be more accurate.

While i'd obviously love to have him here, given his feelings towards his current situation, where Edmonton just got eliminated from a playoff berth, what makes anyone think he'd want to come to us? We'd probably all consider just being eliminated from the postseason now "a good season", where someone like Connor views it as a disappointment & must look at what Eichels been going thru here & be thankful we didnt win the lottery that year.

Any discussions about trading for McDavid are just pure folly really. But yeah its nice to dream

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

While i'd obviously love to have him here, given his feelings towards his current situation, where Edmonton just got eliminated from a playoff berth, what makes anyone think he'd want to come to us? We'd probably all consider just being eliminated from the postseason now "a good season", where someone like Connor views it as a disappointment & must look at what Eichels been going thru here & be thankful we didnt win the lottery that year.

Any discussions about trading for McDavid are just pure folly really. But yeah its nice to dream

I don’t think it’s so much about McDavid leaving, as it’s about semi-gutting the Oilers and building around McDavid and 3-4 others on the team.

13 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

McDavid wasn't happy with Edmonton the moment they were announced as the lottery winner for that draft. Lol

They won't trade him. That would be foolish.

11 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

If you read the initial post, I'm not looking at trading for McDavid.  I'm looking at a new GM coming in and wanting to gut the team and rebuild around McDavid.

49 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

Consider the source 

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

Reports are out that McDavid not happy with direction Edmonton is going in.  They have no GM and like Buffalo he is frustrated with the losing culture.  Everyone on CapFriendly is making their trade proposals of what it would take to get McDavid.  I went a different twist and looked at who on Edmonton might Buffalo be able to get if they have a roster make over.

My trade idea...

Buffalo sends Reinhart, Ristolainen, Mittelstadt, and Sobotka to Edmonton for Draisaitl, Benning, and Kassian.

Just sneak Sobatka in there like nobody is paying attention?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

McDavid wasn't happy with Edmonton the moment they were announced as the lottery winner for that draft. Lol

They won't trade him. That would be foolish.

That look on his face when it was announced...priceless. There are things you can’t just un-see. That look will not be forgotten. 

As for a trade with EDM...there’s plenty of shiny items, but I’ll pass on any of those players. They’re tainted by the losing and dysfunction. The only way would be to dilute it out and scatter them all to opposites ends of North America. And not to the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sweetlou said:

My trade idea...

So pretty much Draisaitl for Reinhardt....--would Edmonton be that stupid?

40 minutes ago, kas23 said:

That look on his face when it was announced...priceless. There are things you can’t just un-see. That look will not be forgotten. 

As for a trade with EDM...there’s plenty of shiny items, but I’ll pass on any of those players. They’re tainted by the losing and dysfunction. The only way would be to dilute it out and scatter them all to opposites ends of North America. And not to the Sabres. 

What? So you wouldn't want Draisaitl because he is on a losing team?

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, kas23 said:

So glad you're not evaluating talent for our team it's bad enough already.

Funny, but firing the GM and coach mid-rebuild hasn't fixed everything.  Wow!  Who would have thunk that?  Hiring the great experienced HOF coach hasn't fixed everything either.  Wow! I'm shocked. 

I think we should follow in Edm's footsteps and fire Jbot and PH.  After all Edm has sucked for 15 years.  All they have had is 4 1st overall picks, 2 more top 5 picks and 4 more top 10 picks since 2007.  They are certainly the franchise we should continue to emulate.

• Like (+1) 1

TSN and SN guys have been talking about McDavid rumblings and unhappiness for a few months now. It's understandable. He got an early playoff taste so the current situation is even harder to stomach and the future isn't bright. He may want out for real eventually.

I suspect, if we do not improve, we will start hearing the same things from or about Jack.

Interestingly today I heard them saying the new nhl rebuild model is 3 years. Anything longer is considered failure.  They pointed to the Rangers who, if they sign FAs this year (Panarin rumor) will be right on that 3 year target. I think with what free agency is now this is a  valid view. So.....JBot sign those FAs and let's go playoffs year 3!!!!!

8 hours ago, Hoss said:

We could offer all of that and still not get Draisaitl alone

Gotta love the "package up our trash" deals. In all seriousness, just for fun, is there anything the Sabres could offer to get McDavid? Would Eichel and Dahlin be enough? Would you make the deal? I sure as hell would! A good top center and potential for a possible all-time great? No brainer there.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Gotta love the "package up our trash" deals. In all seriousness, just for fun, is there anything the Sabres could offer to get McDavid? Would Eichel and Dahlin be enough? Would you make the deal? I sure as hell would! A good top center and potential for a possible all-time great? No brainer there.

No, as much as I don't really care for Eichel's game I see the potential in Dahlin as an 18 year old that makes me want to keep him.

Would I package a deal of Eichel, Risto, and Reinhart for McDavid? Probably

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

There is no way in hell i would trade Jack and Rasmus for Mcdavid, what good would that do? just have a look at Edmonton. 
Trading Dahlin and Eichel for atm 14 goals and 27 assists is to me utterly insane.

What we need is to build on what we got comin up that concerns our scoring. Look how good chemistry Jack and Victor Olofsson have, this is something we need to build on and then give skinner a good 2nd center, such as Sean Couturier.

5 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

There is no way in hell i would trade Jack and Rasmus for Mcdavid, what good would that do? just have a look at Edmonton. 
Trading Dahlin and Eichel for atm 14 goals and 27 assists is to me utterly insane.

What we need is to build on what we got comin up that concerns our scoring. Look how good chemistry Jack and Victor Olofsson have, this is something we need to build on and then give skinner a good 2nd center, such as Sean Couturier.

Dahlin is going to be the defensive equivalent of Connor IMPO. Most young guys fall short of their projected point totals in year 1, he passed his on a team that flatlined. No way in hell I trade Dahlin and Eichel for Connor. Dahlin hasn't even started to warm up yet. By the end of next season, we will look back and be like... holy crap I can't believe we even joked about this. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

No, as much as I don't really care for Eichel's game I see the potential in Dahlin as an 18 year old that makes me want to keep him.

Would I package a deal of Eichel, Risto, and Reinhart for McDavid? Probably

Probably?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Dahlin is going to be the defensive equivalent of Connor IMPO. Most young guys fall short of their projected point totals in year 1, he passed his on a team that flatlined. No way in hell I trade Dahlin and Eichel for Connor. Dahlin hasn't even started to warm up yet. By the end of next season, we will look back and be like... holy crap I can't believe we even joked about this. 

What was Tyler Myers' trajectory?

These are the kinds of posts that can be snipped, in either direction lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.