GDT Nashville at Buffalo 4/2/19 7 PM

Brawndo

LAST GAME
Sunday, March 31
Columbus 4 at Buffalo 0
Goals: N/A
Goalie: Ullmark (32 saves/36 shots)
PP: 0/1; PK: 2/2; Shots: Buffalo 38 – Columbus 36

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 239)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Matt Hunwick (upper body, March 23) – 6 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, March 25) – 5 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (illness, March 26) – 4 games
Vladimir Sobotka (upper body, March 30) – 2 games
Marco Scandella (lower body, March 31) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/27: Recalled F Victor Olofsson from Rochester (AHL)
3/28: Recalled D Matt Tennyson from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Tage Thompson to Rochester (AHL)

REMAINING GAMES
Thursday, April 4: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 6: Buffalo at Detroit, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
PREDATORS at SABRES

• This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Predators this season.
  • Last meeting: Nashville defeated Buffalo 2-1 in Nashville on Dec. 3, 2018
  • The Sabres are 3-5-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Predators; 1-5-4 at home.
  • This is the 27th game all-time between Buffalo and Nashville; Buffalo has a 10-12-4 series record.
  • The Sabres are 1-7-4 at home against the Predators all-time.

THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 8-7-3 all-time on April 2.
  • April 2, 2011: Thomas Vanek records his 200th NHL goal in a 5-4 overtime loss at Washington.
  • April 2, 2013: Ryan Miller plays his 492nd game in the NHL, breaking Dominik Hasek’s franchise record for most games played by a goaltender.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Can't watch this one tonight, will check the score once in a while.

Go Olofsson, Nylander, Dahlin. You're part of the future turnaround.

Like Reinhart, Eichel, and Mittelstadt 

and ROR, Kane and Lehner, 

and Guhle, Pu, Compher, and Lemeauix

and like Bailey, Baptiste and McNab

and like Risto, Grigerenko, Zadarov, and Armia

wash-rinse-repeat 

We need a loss here!  

Would love to see NJ overtake us in the standings, and our point total this season might even be good enough (that is to say, bad enough, LOL) for Pegula to go for the Exacta---canning Phil and Jason at the same time.

?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ... said:

A +3 with 2 points since being with Nashville isn't "quite bad" for a fourth line role.

2 points over 14 games is a 12 point per 82 game pace.

Its not good, even for a 4th liner.

This season, he is a shell of the player he used to be.

11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Three more left. 

I'll take them myself. Cover me.

(Yes, sir!)

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm currently in Tanzania trying to sell 90s Walkmen to the Maasai tribe. I'll be watching.

I'm planning on doing some bombing runs on the Massassi temple when I get the chance.

So... another game tonight, eh?

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Borgen was up on an emergency recall and has to return to Rochester if the rest of the D are healthy 

Tennyson was called up after him, correct?  How exactly is he called up and healthy scratched all while Borgen is on emergency recall?

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

Tennyson was called up after him, correct?  How exactly is he called up and healthy scratched all while Borgen is on emergency recall?

I’m not sure they might both be emergency recalls and Tennyson might have to be returned first? 

3 hours ago, ... said:

"Skinner-Rodrigues-Okposo"

What did Skinner do?  Has he decided to test the market?  Does Phil not like pirouettes?

I'd love to see Skinner score a hatty, with at least two beautiful setups from ERod.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I’m not sure they might both be emergency recalls and Tennyson might have to be returned first? 

Something's off there.  You only be called up on emergency basis as a defenseman if the team currently has less that 6 healthy.  I wonder if there may be a case where Tennyson is around but not technically recalled to the roster, some chain of paper transactions or something.

1 hour ago, Curtisp5286 said:

2 points over 14 games is a 12 point per 82 game pace.

Its not good, even for a 4th liner.

This season, he is a shell of the player he used to be.

So you’re saying he’s a prime candidate for a multi-year UFA contract from the Sabres?

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So you’re saying he’s a prime candidate for a multi-year UFA contract from the Sabres?

His production is way down this season, in a year where league scoring has spiked significantly.  That's one hell of a red flag.  I wonder how much trouble he'll have on the market.

20 minutes ago, shrader said:

His production is way down this season, in a year where league scoring has spiked significantly.  That's one hell of a red flag.  I wonder how much trouble he'll have on the market.

Would you take a chance on him?

I personally hope the Sabres do not. We do not have the stable veteran lead team that inspires a player to have a career rally.

5 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I personally hope the Sabres do not. We do not have the stable veteran lead team that inspires a player to have a career rally.

Probably not for the term/$$$ someone will pay him as an UFA but it were a straight up swap for anyone of our "bottom-6" players, yes.

7 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I'm only taking that chance if he lingers on the market for a couple days and starts to listen on 2-3 year deals.

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I am out on business travel.  Maybe I’ll stream it.  

This is a certain loss  

I can only image how horrible fan appreciation will be with 10,000 Ottawa fans there. 

Ottawa fans aren't travelling for that one.

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

I'm only taking that chance if he lingers on the market for a couple days and starts to listen on 2-3 year deals.

Last season he played through a pelvic area tear, pulled groin and broken ankle bone.  He hasn’t been the same this year.  He may not have every fully recovered.

Maybe he can get back to something close to what he was, maybe not.  He just hit 30 and has played a bruising style of hockey for 11 NHL seasons.  He could be fading for good.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.