GDT Nashville at Buffalo 4/2/19 7 PM

Brawndo

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't think the games are on tape delay though.

They've gotta have a slight delay (10 seconds or so), though --- in case something horrible horrible happens. It's not truly a live feed. There's enough time for the direction team to adjust the angles, etc., before it comes to us. Is anyone in TV production in our Space?

Their PKers are fresher than our PPers. Some good pressure very early on until a shot from the point with no one in front. And then... less-than-inspired.

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

They've gotta have a slight delay (10 seconds or so), though --- in case something horrible horrible happens. It's not truly a live feed. There's enough time for the direction team to adjust the angles, etc., before it comes to us. Is anyone in TV production in our Space?

giphy.gif

• Thanks (+1) 1

I don't know if anyone remembers me complaining about my Center Ice feed freezing at the commercial breaks. NHL.TV support was totally useless but I figured out it has something to do with my Microsoft Edge browser not liking the new 60 frame/per sec feed. Under settings you can switch back to god old fashioned Flash player. So I did. Plays fine now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know if anyone remembers me complaining about my Center Ice feed freezing at the commercial breaks. NHL.TV support was totally useless but I figured out it has something to do with my Microsoft Edge browser not liking the new 60 frame/per sec feed. Under settings you can switch back to god old fashioned Flash player. So I did.

Firefox has worked really well all season (pre- and post-Flash).

Nice! Just as I was about to type that they had a great couple shifts except everything was to the outside.... but then the goal!

In your best Keith Morrison voice: "The residents of the sleepy town of Buffalo were sure that the murders had ended. Then a quiet Tuesday night was rocked by the news that another victim had been skinned."

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Firefox has worked really well all season (pre- and post-Flash).

Nice! Just as I was about to type that they had a great couple shifts except everything was to the outside.... but then the goal!

I thought of installing a new browser, and Firefox would be a great option. But the computer I'm using is "pristine." Out of the box with nothing extra installed. Kind of wanted to keep my TV computer that way but if this crap keeps happening....

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know if anyone remembers me complaining about my Center Ice feed freezing at the commercial breaks. NHL.TV support was totally useless but I figured out it has something to do with my Microsoft Edge browser not liking the new 60 frame/per sec feed. Under settings you can switch back to god old fashioned Flash player. So I did. Plays fine now.

My problem today is I cant Chromecast to the tv, can only watch on my phone.  I think is has something to do with Cricket Wireless sponsoring the last week of the season for free.  Technology is great and sucks at the same time.

Edited by Tondas

1 minute ago, Tondas said:

My problem today is I cant Chromecast to the tv, can only watch on my phone.  I think is has something to do with Cricket Wireless sponsoring the last week of the season for free.  Technology is great and sucks at the same time.

Whoa, actually I tried Chromecast off my phone today and had the same issue. So it's not just me.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Whoa, actually I tried Chromecast off my phone today and had the same issue. So it's not just me.

A little notice would have been nice.  I could have old-schooled an HDMI solution.  It may only be today for the sponsorship, so hopefully the Thursday game will be back to normal (Chromecast, not the Sabres sucking).

Edited by Tondas

34 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Their PKers are fresher than our PPers. Some good pressure very early on until a shot from the point with no one in front. And then... less-than-inspired.

Few things are broadcast without some sort of delay.  Usually in the neighborhood of 10-30 seconds.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.