EPIC Simon/White rant

Eleven

17 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

But you are blaming him. That's what everyone is doing right now. They are nitpicking the leading scorer on Buffalo's game to death because "he didn't do enough" and "he needs to be better".  You know who really needs to be better? Everyone not named Jack Eichel. 

Like PA said, criticism and blame are not the same thing.Don’t lump what I am saying into the idiocy of “it’s Eichel’s fault.”

I look at this organization and I see two or three people contributing everything they have. Eichel isn’t one of them, not since Christmas. And it’s no coincidence we were a better team before Christmas.

I don’t get how you guys can see 28 points for 37 games and be satisfied. Those are good totals for a second-line centre, not a franchise player.

He’s not a rookie. He gets a shitload of ice time. He’s on a power play that’s designed around him. He usually plays with the best wingers on the team. 

Do you think other teams aren’t game-planning for Gaudreau? Mackinnon? Barkov? 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Like PA said, criticism and blame are not the same thing.Don’t lump what I am saying into the idiocy of “it’s Eichel’s fault.”

I look at this organization and I see two or three people contributing everything they have. Eichel isn’t one of them, not since Christmas. And it’s no coincidence we were a better team before Christmas.

I don’t get how you guys can see 28 points for 37 games and be satisfied. Those are good totals for a second-line centre, not a franchise player.

He’s not a rookie. He gets a shitload of ice time. He’s on a power play that’s designed around him. He usually plays with the best wingers on the team. 

Do you think other teams aren’t game-planning for Gaudreau? Mackinnon? Barkov? 

Who said satisfied? This is the problem I have with you and PA. There are bigger problems and yet here we are talking about 28pts in 37 games. Skinner has 1 goal in 22. Skinners only job is to score goals. Where is the criticism of him? It isn't here. What about Sobotka? He has what? 5 goals all season? Great, let's talk about Eichel not being great since Christmas when the entire rest of the team started to be a giant pile of garbage.

On scale of Eichel to EVERYTHING ELSE. Everything Else is a bigger problem.

You know what, winning is the only thing that actually matters. Why don't the Sabres win? Is sure as hell isn't because of Eichel but it definitely has a lot to do with how bad the rest of the team has been. 

Do the bolded.... all 3 players have significantly better teammates and more depth on their teams. Every single one of them. Johnny hockey has Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk. Mackinnon has Ratanen, Landeskog, and Barrie. Barkov has Huberdeau, Hoffman, and Dadanov.  

Eichel gets: Skinner and Reinhart. Neither of which come close to the 2nd and some cases 3rd player listed above. So yes, I think it is a lot easier to gameplan for Jack Eichel then to gameplan for Johnny, Monahan, Tkachuk, and Lindholm. Oh and Phil Housley is TRASH. 

Edited by LGR4GM

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Who said satisfied? This is the problem I have with you and PA. There are bigger problems and yet here we are talking about 28pts in 37 games. Skinner has 1 goal in 22. Skinners only job is to score goals. Where is the criticism of him? It isn't here. What about Sobotka? He has what? 5 goals all season? Great, let's talk about Eichel not being great since Christmas when the entire rest of the team started to be a giant pile of garbage.

On scale of Eichel to EVERYTHING ELSE. Everything Else is a bigger problem.

You know what, winning is the only thing that actually matters. Why don't the Sabres win? Is sure as hell isn't because of Eichel but it definitely has a lot to do with how bad the rest of the team has been. 

I did not start randomly dumping on Eichel. I replied to your post with my opinion, and I provided context to support my opinion. 

I have also been critical of Skinner multiple times. Maybe you don’t remember because it didn’t turn into a big deal because it didn’t press any of your buttons.

Edited by dudacek

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I did not start randomly dumping on Eichel. I replied to your post.

I have also been critical of Skinner multiple times. Maybe you don’t remember because it didn’t turn into a big deal because it didn’t press any of your buttons.

Every single one of buttons is pushed. There is a reason. Partly has to do with the state of this board since about mid January. Part of it has to do with how people keep focusing on the wrong thing. 

And no, your criticism of Skinner has certainly not reached this level.

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It may have festered before, but the dumpster fire started in earnest 6 weeks ago, not 4 months.

Jack had a poor January - he started by completing a five-game pointless streak and finished with 4 points in 10 games. In this epic March collapse, he has 8 points in 14 games. 

He needs to be a point-a-game plus for this team to win, and is paid accordingly, so he was definitely one of the reasons why.

This is your first post in the thread. 

EVERYONE had a poor January. Again, what did the rest of the team when Jack had a slump? What were they doing before? What changed? 

In March Eichel had 8 points in 14 games. Who had the most points and who had the least? 

Edited by LGR4GM

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This is your first post in the thread. 

EVERYONE had a poor January. Again, what did the rest of the team when Jack had a slump? What were they doing before? What changed? 

In March Eichel had 8 points in 14 games. Who had the most points and who had the least? 

And this is what I was replying to.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

That's what I am driving at. This team was a festering dumpster fire for 4 months. I want to know why and Eichel isn't one of the reasons why. 

Housley, Sobotka, Scandella, Risto (maybe?), Zemgus, Bogo (maybe?), Sheary were all contributors to the collapse. You could honestly add in Skinner who regressed so hard and fast to his mean sh% it left a gaping hole that no one was able to fill in. 

In an earlier post, you literally asked for criticisms about Eichel.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Okay, and what criticism do you have for Eichel? How does that compare to criticism of other players? For example:

Eichel needs to shoot more and demand the puck more.

Sobotka needs to gtfo this team because he is terrible at hockey. 

And I went beyond Eichel and included Skinner and Reinhart demonstrating they were guilty of the same thing.

If you are tired of posts that are critical of Eichel, then maybe you should stop inviting them.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

And this is what I was replying to.

In an earlier post, you literally asked for criticisms about Eichel.

And I went beyond Eichel and included Skinner and Reinhart demonstrating they were guilty of the same thing.

If you are tired of posts that are critical of Eichel, then maybe you should stop inviting them.

Yea, I wanted PA to actually converse as opposed to the hit n run bs he pulls. Hence that criticism comment. 

Eichel isn't the reason this team sucks. 

You're right I should stop. I should stop because no one has yet given good evidence that the team failing is a result of eichel not being good enough. 

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea, I wanted PA to actually converse as opposed to the hit n run bs he pulls. Hence that criticism comment. 

Eichel isn't the reason this team sucks. 

You're right I should stop. I should stop because no one has yet given good evidence that the team failing is a result of eichel not being good enough. 

Noone has given good evidence that the team failing is the result of Eichel not being good enough because noone you are debating with is making that claim.

PA was right,.  You don't want to have the conversation.  You want people to change their minds to your perspective.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

1 Yea, I wanted PA to actually converse as opposed to the hit n run bs he pulls. Hence that criticism comment. 

2 Eichel isn't the reason this team sucks. 

3 You're right I should stop. I should stop because no one has yet given good evidence that the team failing is a result of eichel not being good enough. 

1 So you want PA to chat, but me to shut up? I get it. He is a charming, handsome man. ?

2 Agreed. I have never said that and I don’t know why you keep responding as if I did.

3 I believe the decline in Jack’s play has been one of many factors in the second half collapse and not the biggest. I agree with @... that it could likely be a chicken-egg thing fueled by lack of support elsewhere. I think your “it’s all Housley’s fault!” is convenient and myopic and it ignores the fact that Jack has not responded when the team needs him most. I believe Jack is an excellent player, the second-most important cog in the organization and that we can win with him.

Edited by dudacek

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Noone has given good evidence that the team failing is the result of Eichel not being good enough because noone you are debating with is making that claim.

PA was right,.  You don't want to have the conversation.  You want people to change their minds to your perspective.

Of course I want them to change their minds. I think I'm right.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

1 So you want PA to chat, but me to shut up? I get it. He is a charming, handsome man. ?

2 Agreed. I have never said that and I don’t know why you keep responding as if I did.

3 I believe the decline in Jack’s play has been one of many factors in the second half collapse and not the biggest. I agree with @... that it could likely be a chicken-egg thing fueled by lack of support elsewhere. I think your “it’s all Housley’s fault!” Is convenient and myopic that ignores the fact that Jack has not responded when the team needs him most. I believe Jack is an excellent player, the second-most important cog in the organization and that we can win with him.

I don't want you to shut up. I want to talk about the teams biggest issues. 

39 minutes ago, Weave said:

Nitpick alert since you do it all the time:  No one is two words, not one.

I figure that this comment is as valuable as the last page or so of ridiculousness in this thread.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I figure that this comment is as valuable as the last page or so of ridiculousness in this thread.

It's getting pretty silly in here but at least noone is being mean.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ... said:

Until now.  What is silly about this conversation?

Honestly, I think it's been pretty good other than the constant dismissing of interesting posts because "I said so".

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I really just wanted to find a way to put noone in a sentence to annoy shrader.

I just assume it's the classic english spelling of 12pm.

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is where my inability to speak meme hurts me.  I don't know what this is supposed to mean!

ikity akity oop a azigaty zagity oop a a! Flippity Flappity Floop. 

Says Ali Baba Bunny as he giveth the treasure to Hassan. 

Edited by ...

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Oh, come on.  Give me credit for invoking Hamlet, at least.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Of course I want them to change their minds. I think I'm right.

I don't want you to shut up. I want to talk about the teams biggest issues. 

May I present a different take and where I am coming from?

I think one of the reasons I and others choose to focus on Eichel instead of the bigger issues with this team, is because by the time we get good again, those issues will be gone from the team (either through growth of the younger players, or by getting borderline NHLers replaced.) Why would I waste my time focusing on them?

But Eichel will still be here, and for a long time. He is in his fourth, now, and there are some troubling issues with his play that absolutely need to be addressed if we think we are going to go deep into the playoffs once the middle 6 gets up to snuff.

He's a great player. He needs to be better.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.