EPIC Simon/White rant

Eleven

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Where was this epic passion when they got Phil on the radio this morning?

In their pockets, making sure they get "decision-makers" in the future?  I'm sure, beyond that, there's some sort of agreement not to lay into the coach or the GM.

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

I don't believe I have ever heard the coach of the Rangers, Devils, or Islanders on any radio broadcast ever. 20+ years (holy crap, closer to 30).

just sayin.

To be fair, the Devils changed coached 3 times per season while Lou was running the show.  Even the fans had no idea who was coaching that team.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/2/2019 at 7:29 AM, LGR4GM said:

Okay, and what criticism do you have for Eichel? How does that compare to criticism of other players? For example:

Eichel needs to shoot more and demand the puck more.

Sobotka needs to gtfo this team because he is terrible at hockey. 

He needs to have more than 77 points with 2 games remaining in the season. There. Especially when he's making 10 million.

He's had a good season. But I expected better. And I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation. Whether expectations will need to be adjusted going forward, remains to be seen.

He was also easily our best player this season. His success is weighted relative to individual expectations though, and not the rest of the team. 

Edited by Thorny

On 4/2/2019 at 12:13 PM, dudacek said:

Like PA said, criticism and blame are not the same thing.Don’t lump what I am saying into the idiocy of “it’s Eichel’s fault.”

I look at this organization and I see two or three people contributing everything they have. Eichel isn’t one of them, not since Christmas. And it’s no coincidence we were a better team before Christmas.

I don’t get how you guys can see 28 points for 37 games and be satisfied. Those are good totals for a second-line centre, not a franchise player.

He’s not a rookie. He gets a shitload of ice time. He’s on a power play that’s designed around him. He usually plays with the best wingers on the team. 

Do you think other teams aren’t game-planning for Gaudreau? Mackinnon? Barkov? 

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

He needs to have more than 77 points with 2 games remaining in the season. There. Especially when he's making 10 million.

He's had a good season. But I expected better. And I don't think that was an unreasonable expectation. Whether expectations will need to be adjusted going forward, remains to be seen.

He was also easily our best player this season. His success is weighted relative to individual expectations though, and not the rest of the team. 

Ok,  I don't agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.