Poll: When Does Phil Get the Ax

Kruppstahl

POLL: When Does Housley Get Fired?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. When Does Phil Get the Ax?

• Sunday April 7th, the day after our season ends
    • Tuesday April 9th
    • Wednesday April 10th, after the player exit interviews with those playing a role in the decision
    • Some random time several weeks or more after the season ends but before the start of next season
    • Phil doesn't get fired; he starts next season as Head Coach
    • After one of our remaining games but prior to season's end

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, ... said:

Surprising, yes.  Refreshing?  Why?

With so many fans down in the dumps, which is understandable, it is refreshing to see many who do not see that this disaster of a season, especially since December 1st, or so, is completely on Phil.  It is so easy to blame the coach.

2 hours ago, ... said:

It's just Twitter, but I'll just put this here:

Who does that sound like?  Is that a Pominville quote?  I could see all time nice guy Pominville being the one guy in any room to like the guy everyone else hates.

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

Has there ever been a hockey player ever, at any level, that didn’t hate their coach?

I like coaches who fall in the middle. Loved by some not by others. Always felt term "players coach" many times meant great guy not great coach. Any coach or manager should probably get mixed reviews.

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

Has there ever been a hockey player ever, at any level, that didn’t hate their coach?

"Hate" is a strong word. By posing the question in this context you're impling that all players hate coaches.

If the hate flowed, as you seem to be implying, there would be requests for trades happening far more frequently. Maybe not since hating coaches would be the norm, then no matter where a player went they would hate the coach. If the players truly hated the coaches, then the coaches wouldn't get much production out of them. 

The whole thing flies in the face of biographies and the words coming from players mouths who always find a coach or two at every level to praise.

Frankly, when attaining the NHL level, I'd like to think that if there's hate for a coach by a player, the player has enough experience and wisdom (despite being young) that the coach has likely earned the hate.  

9 minutes ago, ... said:

"Hate" is a strong word. By posing the question in this context you're impling that all players hate coaches.

If the hate flowed, as you seem to be implying, there would be requests for trades happening far more frequently. Maybe not since hating coaches would be the norm, then no matter where a player went they would hate the coach. If the players truly hated the coaches, then the coaches wouldn't get much production out of them. 

The whole thing flies in the face of biographies and the words coming from players mouths who always find a coach or two at every level to praise.

Frankly, when attaining the NHL level, I'd like to think that if there's hate for a coach by a player, the player has enough experience and wisdom (despite being young) that the coach has likely earned the hate.  

Yes, I’m using the term hate colloquially, not literally.

Just like most hockey players would use the term.

Mostly, because they wouldn’t know what colloquially meant.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yes, I’m using the term hate colloquially, not literally.

Just like most hockey players would use the term.

Mostly, because they wouldn’t know what colloquially meant.

I don't think your average NHL level hockey player would use "hate" this way.  Like I said, by this time in their careers, they know the difference between "hate" and "don't get along with" or "not a fan of the guy".  The latter two of which, I think is far more likely anyway.  The tweeter more than likely used "hate" colloquially when the sentiment is probably something else.

Still, by posing it the way you did, you're waving off the importance of that tweet, if we can assume it's true.  If we assume it's true, then most of team "hates", "strongly dislikes", or "doesn't respect" Phil and that's a problem.

3 hours ago, ... said:

I don't think your average NHL level hockey player would use "hate" this way.  Like I said, by this time in their careers, they know the difference between "hate" and "don't get along with" or "not a fan of the guy".  The latter two of which, I think is far more likely anyway.  The tweeter more than likely used "hate" colloquially when the sentiment is probably something else.

Still, by posing it the way you did, you're waving off the importance of that tweet, if we can assume it's true.  If we assume it's true, then most of team "hates", "strongly dislikes", or "doesn't respect" Phil and that's a problem.

"lacks confidence".

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.