GDT:Blue Jackets at Sabres 3/31/19 6pm MSG

Brawndo

Sabres                                                                   Rest of NHL Teams

image.png.6efcb862442e97bc440893016b4e59c1.pngimage.thumb.png.ab630d4ca10d0a9ece011cc18bacc379.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's really not. He is who has been his whole career: a 55-ish point, 30-ish goal player. 

Well he still should have had way more than that this year given the cavernous drop off we've seen to get him to that point. His centreman's production thinning out didn't help either.

Edited by Thorny

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Sabres                                                                   Rest of NHL Teams

image.png.6efcb862442e97bc440893016b4e59c1.pngimage.thumb.png.ab630d4ca10d0a9ece011cc18bacc379.png

Sabres scored 3.  Sweet, once this team gels!

9 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Detroit has a lead over Boston; if both of these games hold up, we'll be dipping lower. Yay?

I just can't physically get there this year. I can take no joy or silver lining from this mess. Them plummeting this far and fast can not be framed as good or beneficial in any way. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I just can't physically get there this year. I can take no joy or silver lining from this mess. Them plummeting this far and fast can not be framed as good or beneficial in any way. 

Exactly. It's one thing when the front office ices a team to get a top pick --- ala the tank, or Ottawa this season. Being in a great position at the 1/3-pole mark and then contending for a top 5 pick? That's something else.

(But I hope we win the lottery because we can use all the help we can get.) I'd rather we won 2 games in a row in the latter two thirds of the year, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Botterill has to turn what amounts to currently the worst team in the league, into a playoff team, in one offseason this summer. Gotta think he's sweating bullets. 

Unless there's no internal expectations. 

That is an impossible task.  That will take 3 years. 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

That is an impossible task.  That will take 3 years. 

Then it won't be Botterill's task to complete. No way he gets 5 seasons to simply field a playoff team. An argument can not be made that that's how long a time period was reasonably necessary to accomplish that.

Edited by Thorny

Those of you who want PH gone, given Pegulas respect for ex Sabres at the helm with PH & JBots, do you think they'd look at bringing Ruff back to coach?

And #1 would you want Ruff back here & do you think Lindy would accept the job?

Ruff may not be a great x's & o's guy, but he wasn't a mannequin behind the bench & his teams always seemed to be disciplined with regards to the system & played hard. Even though i think the game has passed him by at this point. Btw it just goes to show how bad things have gotten here to even consider it.

I'm just thinking of who i'd want here to coach. I'm not a big fan of most of the available coaches out there. Maybe Quennville since he's an intense guy or Rikard Gronborg who's the coach of the Swedish National team since we have so many swedes here lol.

Just curious what you guys thought as a replacement, those of you who want to go that route.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.