GDT:Blue Jackets at Sabres 3/31/19 6pm MSG

Brawndo

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

If they've given up it was after the 10 game streak. How many wins do they have since then ? They're just not that good. And neither is the staff.

They gave up a these past 2 weeks. The effort on the ice is noticeable for its lack of effort. Especially against the teams beneath us in the standings. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

They are afraid of body contact. Seen it all season, and teams are well aware.

It's a very soft team and got worn down by midseason. Even more telling is that we're now routinely down by 3 or so goals and no one does anything to invigorate the team. That doesn't mean a staged faceoff fight.... those don't exist anymore. But go take a run at someone. .... I know it's goofy, but the players were down when DLo was traded because he went and did stuff like that to get them going. Did he belong on the top line -- hell no, but a player like that has a role. We have a 6 bottom six forwards and none of them do anything to get the team going....    I guarantee you if the CBJ were down 3-0 on home ice, they'd have volunteers to make something happen.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, freester said:

Why is Botteril’s job security not in question?  

Because Terry doesn't know what the problems are.  If Jbot says it's PH's fault, what is Terry going to say.  That's why they need a Pres of Hockey Ops.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro60 said:

These guys have quit.  You can see it.  No matter what they say in post game interviews, this team has checked out.  PH is good as gone.  You keep him and you reward the slackers on the squad and alienate the fan base.  

I'm not sure why there are some posters arguing against this? It is incredibly noticeable that they've given up. Hamilton is calling it and Nick Kypreos called it last night on Sportsnet. You can hate on those guys if you want but they're not wrong. Look at Ottawa and Detroit. They could opt for the higher draft slot but they are going out with effort- perhaps because it may mean jobs on the club for next year? What's the Sabres excuse?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eman said:

They gave up a these past 2 weeks. The effort on the ice is noticeable for its lack of effort. Especially against the teams beneath us in the standings. 

Sure. I can agree with that but the fact remains this team is just not that good. And neither is the coaching staff. How many wins since the streak ? They gave effort all year with no results. Except the games they came out flat or stunk up the 2nd period. There they just flat out sucked. They're bad. A laughingstock really. Edmonton East.

2 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

1 regulation win in 21 games.

You can all hate me. But time to watch my new team............... Raleigh Hurricanes..........

Until the Sabres fire Housley and the entire coaching staff, sorry. I'm not following them any more.

It's not hatred. It's jealousy. ;-]

Go have fun and watch enjoyable hockey. We'll welcome you back when you return.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

You can all hate me. But time to watch my new team............... Raleigh Hurricanes..........

Until the Sabres fire Housley and the entire coaching staff, sorry. I'm not following them any more.

Disappointed JJ.  We're all frustrated but I didn't see you as a band-wagoneer.

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Sure. I can agree with that but the fact remains this team is just not that good. And neither is the coaching staff. How many wins since the streak ? They gave effort all year with no results. Except the games they came out flat or stunk up the 2nd period. There they just flat out sucked. They're bad. A laughingstock really. Edmonton East.

You know I'm all in as far as a coaching change goes! I do still believe we have some talent here though.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

But you're not trolling.

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

It's not hatred. It's jealousy. ;-]

Go have fun and watch enjoyable hockey. We'll welcome you back when you return.

No. It's hatred.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well ... I made my beautiful wife a lovely fettuccine Alfredo shrimp pasta dish.  Finished a nice Sunday dinner, cleaned up, turn on the TV and here we are down 2- zip at home.  

Thankfully my judgement was good to spend time with my wife.  She is off to work now.  I’m stuck with the Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.