GDT:Blue Jackets at Sabres 3/31/19 6pm MSG

Brawndo

24 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Four left.  If they have any pride left whatsoever, they will at least put up a fight.  

Maybe they should just fight each other. It would make it more interesting. Housley would spin it as "they showed heart" or something.

35 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They gotta win one of these, right?

Scoring a goal seems like such a herculean task right now, let alone winning a game...let alone winning a game in regulation...let alone winning two games in a row. While I'm still going to cheer for a win, it's probably for the best that they just lose the last 4 so that there is absolutely no possible way Housley stays.

I can't believe we'll be drafting in the top-8 for the 7th straight season! This has got to be the lowest point in franchise history, even lower than the 2002-03 Rigas scandal era when we at least had the hope that Bettman and the NHL would do everything they could to find us an owner and keep the franchise afloat. Right now, I genuinely have no hope for the Sabres during this Jack Eichel captaincy era.

I will watch it.  Sunday night I’m a home body.  

Sick of losing, sick of losing, sick of losing.  

Toronto, Winnipeg, Flames, Avs, - they all rebuilt fast.  Canadiens, Isles, Canes, and even Arizona has past us.  This is  8 years of sucking, and no hope in sight. 

Kane, ROR, Lehner - all thriving in their careers, all contributed greatly to their team.  

What is wrong with this team?

They better try hard tonight dammit. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic

Ironically, I will watch and be pleasantly surprised if they win, but it will potentially hurt the draft position both with the Anaheim getting the Blues or Sharks pick as well as their own position high atop the draft selection board.

Jesus, instead of talking about must wins, I feel as dirty as the McEichel sweepstakes year. When will the free fall in to Hockey Hell end for our team?

go sabres.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I will watch it.  Sunday night I’m a home body.  

Sick of losing, sick of losing, sick of losing.  

Toronto, Winnipeg, Flames, Avs, - they all rebuilt fast.  Canadiens, Isles, Canes, and even Arizona has past us.  This is  8 years of sucking, and no hope in sight. 

Kane, ROR, Lehner - all thriving in their careers, all contributed greatly to their team.  

What is wrong with this team?

They better try hard tonight dammit. 

How about Vancouver. They rebuilt on the fly sans tank , drafted later than us for the most part every year ( during this 8 year spell ) and look terrific. Watched their game against Dallas last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ours was a trainwreck. And they have Benning ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Scoring a goal seems like such a herculean task right now, let alone winning a game...let alone winning a game in regulation...let alone winning two games in a row. While I'm still going to cheer for a win, it's probably for the best that they just lose the last 4 so that there is absolutely no possible way Housley stays.

I can't believe we'll be drafting in the top-8 for the 7th straight season! This has got to be the lowest point in franchise history, even lower than the 2002-03 Rigas scandal era when we at least had the hope that Bettman and the NHL would do everything they could to find us an owner and keep the franchise afloat. Right now, I genuinely have no hope for the Sabres during this Jack Eichel captaincy era.

There's been a lot of lows in our history, so that would be saying a lot. Not wining a playoff series from 83 to Brad Mays May Day goal was a long horrible stretch too. 

LAST GAME
Saturday, March 30
Buffalo 1 at NY Islanders 5
Goals: Olofsson
Goalie: Hutton (33 saves/38 shots)
PP: 1/2; PK: 1/1; Shots: NY Islanders 38 – Buffalo 32

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 234)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Jake McCabe (upper body, March 4) – 13 games
Matt Hunwick (upper body, March 23) – 5 games
Zach Bogosian (lower body, March 25) – 4 games
Rasmus Ristolainen (illness, March 26) – 3 games
Evan Rodrigues (upper body, March 28) – 2 games
Vladimir Sobotka (upper body, March 30) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
3/26: Signed D Casey Fitzgerald to a two-year, entry-level contract with an AAV of $925,000; Recalled D William Borgen from Rochester (AHL)
3/27: Recalled F Victor Olofsson from Rochester (AHL)
3/28: Recalled D Matt Tennyson from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Tage Thompson to Rochester (AHL)

REMAINING GAMES
Tuesday, April 2: Nashville at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, April 4: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 6: Buffalo at Detroit, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
BLUE JACKETS at SABRES

• This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Blue Jackets this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Columbus 5-4 in Columbus on Jan. 29
  • The Sabres are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games vs. Blue Jackets; 5-4-1 at home.
  • This is the 32nd game all-time between Buffalo and Columbus; Buffalo has an 12-16-3 series record.
  • The Sabres are 7-8-1 at home against the Blue Jackets all-time.

THIS DATE IN SABRES HISTORY

• The Sabres are 12-10-0 all-time on March 31.
  • March 31, 1971: Eddie Shack records his second hat trick in 10 days as the Sabres defeat the Penguins 6-4 in Pittsburgh.
  • March 31, 1992: The Sabres and Minnesota North Stars combine for 360 penalty minutes, including 188 to the Sabres and 172 to the North Stars. All three totals (for, against and combined) still stand as Sabres franchise records.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I checked the rules and couldn't find anything related.  They may lose out.  Crapo for Kakko. 

I believe, technically, it is "Caca for Kakko".

LOL

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

There's been a lot of lows in our history, so that would be saying a lot. Not wining a playoff series from 83 to Brad Mays May Day goal was a long horrible stretch too. 

There's been a ton of mediocrity in this franchise's history, but make no mistake: this current stretch of "pain" that Darcy predicted is easily, by far, the worst stretch in franchise history.  

It's never been close to this bad for this long.

13 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Sigh 

Five left 

Four is enough.  No need to add to the pain.

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

My son asked me if I want to go to the game.  $6 tix on the secondary market.  I told him no.  $6 plus gas, parking, food and beers.  They just don't entertain.

I feel guilty telling him no, but I am not interested in wasting my money with that team.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

My son asked me if I want to go to the game.  $6 tix on the secondary market.  I told him no.  $6 plus gas, parking, food and beers.  They just don't entertain.

I feel guilty telling him no, but I am not interested in wasting my money with that team.

I feel the same way.  When the games/team is this bad, the ticket could be free and I wouldn't go..because of the extra cost...driving, parking, a drink, a snack...etc.  Maybe, MAYBE if I lived 1/2 mile or less from the Arena and could walk there, but that would be the only way I'd go.  

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Playing a team fighting for its playoff life?  Gee what could go wrong here?  Haven’t faced that one yet!?

I'd counter that the Blue Jackets haven't faced a team fighting for its tank life as strongly as us (at least, not since Atkinson clinched McEichel for us in 2015). And the Rangers just scored again. Maybe they overlook the Devils tomorrow and we dance our way up to #4.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beer said:

I missed yesterday’s game and haven’t bothered to read through the thread.  I did see Olofsson scored a late goal.  Was he as noticeable in his second game as he was in his first?

Same notice-ability.  But he did show off his elite shot.

Must. Play. Hard. for 60 minutes.  That's all I ask at this point.

Go Sabres!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.