GDT Sabres at The Islanders 7pm MSG

Brawndo

Just now, Radar said:

Must admit when Pegula bought the team  I was excited but this is as bad it's been and I've been here since the Knox brothers brought the NHL to Buffalo. 

Same here. Wow! I wasn't pro tank but I saw it as a tactic that may work. I regret it all now. For the Buffalo Sabres, that tactic failed and I never want to see it here again. Build via good scouting and drafting. We need some decent hockey people to run this mess.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Radar said:

Must admit when Pegula bought the team  I was excited but this is as bad it's been and I've been here since the Knox brothers brought the NHL to Buffalo. 

In the history of the franchise...ONE other time they went on a 3 year playoff drought.  Other than that..never more than 2 years before Pegula bought the team.  But now they are on 8 years.

Sure, in the past a higher percentage of teams made the playoffs than now...but if you look at their record, their point percentage...there is no doubt the worst 8 year stretch of the Franchise started with Pegula's first full season as owner.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Almost everything we watch on TV is streaming now...except for the Sabres.  2 or 3 weeks ago I had enough and dropped the cable package.  I'll wait until well into next season (maybe after Jan 1, 2020) to decide on whether or not to get cable back for the Sabres.  I'm reading the forum and watching the highlights (low-lights) online, but I'm done watching and have been for a couple weeks.

I was surprised to read that Fubo has live streams of MSG. But do you have to be out of market?

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

He won't let Skinner walk. But Skinner can skate really well, and other teams could make lesser offers that are much more desirable to a scoring winger.

If we lose him for nothing he let him walk. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

You can already almost hear Botterill using Olofsson's intriguing finish as justification for letting Skinner walk. 

I think Skinner may walk if some other team shows interest (and that team has made the playoffs this year) regardless of what JBots throws at him. I can't say I would blame him. He's going to make good money wherever he lands and playing for a team that wins more than it loses would be a nice change. We'll see where he lands but I am really doubtful he's going to re-up in Buffalo the way this season has ended.

Just now, dudacek said:

We are on a run of 3/15/4.

We have one regulation win in the span, just 6 since Christmas.

I defy someone to find a coach who has survived that kind of collapse.

And Sabres finished with 62 points last season under Housley, 16 fewer than they finished with under Bylsma the season before.

The Sabres results under Housley are catastrophically bad.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.