Lehner unloads on Sabres fans, Buffalo media

PASabreFan

13 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Not sure if you know this but the goal in sports is not just to make the playoffs. Lol. Btw is your pic the guy from Motorhead

Lemmie.  Yes.

Still the most Buffalo thing ever given the current context.  Schadenfreude at it's finest. 

Negative people getting mad for getting called out for being negative.  I love it.  That's how spirals work. They perpetuate because everyone is always pointing fingers at the other factors without owning their own part in it.

Fans, media, players... all just tearing each other down.

24 minutes ago, LTS said:

Negative people getting mad for getting called out for being negative.  I love it.  That's how spirals work. They perpetuate because everyone is always pointing fingers at the other factors without owning their own part in it.

I’m comfortable in the knowledge that I have played no part in the Sabres sucking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Eleven said:

Ok, this is an outright lie, either by Lehner or the reporter:

“You would walk out to games and the game hadn’t started and people are already booing.”

Also, the Islanders are not really “in” the NYC media market.  Out of eight pro sports teams, the Islanders rank tenth.  I think that team is covered by Newsday and no other paper on a regular basis.  That media market belongs to the Rags where hockey is concerned.

I think the fans supported him rather well. I agree that there is some negative atmosphere.

The departure of bucky and sully can only help.

Bet they were covered pretty heavily when they were winning all those cups in the 80s...

21 hours ago, LTS said:

Well La-De-da!   Must be nice to live in a bubble of sunshine?  

I seriously doubt fans booing and sportswriters reporting what they see is the reason the team sucks.  I am 100% confident that if the team played better the fans would cheer and the sportswriters would write good things.  

Lehner has depression issues.   He came here with them and he still has them now on his playoff team in Long Island.  Those issues effected his play, which at times was very bad.  Apparently he is still coping with it.   I’m happy he is doing well and playing good again.   The fact that he keeps talking about it is a bit concerning.  In his  initial comments he took full responsibility and accountability.  Now the fans and media are a problem.  Ok Robin, good luck.  

8 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

That miserable atmosphere in Buffalo that Lehner was talking about was alive and well in the Sabres  locker room after the game.  

I know just what he's talking about.

We all do.

True... but it’s not the fault of the fans or even the media.  

Something on this team smells bad.  It was there before Kane, ROR, and Lehner and now they are gone.

Something is still not right with the team.  

i think i was one of the last fans to give up on him...but then to find out he was drunk and high all year...well then honestly wgas what he says.   

moreover why is everyone in buffalo so obsessed with what people outside the city say about us?  

honestly if i was a pro football or hockey player i think i would talk crap about buffalo every once in awhile just to watch everyone go ballistic.  what an inferiority complex the whole region has.  it's hilarious how easily WNYers get triggered over it.

Edited by blugold43

There's plenty of blame to go around with this team. The fans control none of it. The people collecting a pay check do. Lehner shares in the disfunction. He should own it like a real man would. Not to say he's less of a man. We all know how goofy these guys and their confidence can be. He's found it again and he's hanging on to it with all he's got. If that means he has to take this current track to do that so be it. Why let it bother you ? ( sabres fans ) There's really nothing he said thats far from the truth. Its his perspective.

The fans booed before Lehner and after, they booed because Lehner and the rest of the Sabres looked and played like garbage whether on purpose to get better picks or just because they sucked. Fans were actually pretty good to Lehner when he told everyone afterwards his issues. Instead of saying thanks and accepting some blame, he decides to throw blame.

What's sad is that I really thought this time might take some offence to his comments and play hard against him, Instead they just rolled over.......

On 3/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, Gatorman0519 said:

The Sabres have had three good seasons in 20 years, the Bills had one, and that was luck.  Our sports teams have been horrendous for an entire generation now.  It is a losing entrenched culture and city.  That is reality.

it has been astounding.

On March 29, 2019 at 3:01 PM, Gatorman0519 said:

The Sabres have had three good seasons in 20 years, the Bills had one, and that was luck.  Our sports teams have been horrendous for an entire generation now.  It is a losing entrenched culture and city.  That is reality.

No doubt.  It is what it is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.