GDT: Detroit at Buffalo 3/28/19 7:00pm MSG

Brawndo

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

PTR help me out. What kind of goalie move was that by Ullmark?

The overtime goal? Ullmark moved too far to the left. It only seemed like he ducked. What he was doing was reaching back because the shooter put it on the spot he vacated.

Sorry if you were expecting a defense of the goalie. It was a poor night for Ullmark. But the way Jimmy Howard looked like he was coasting by the end too.

You can always ask and I'll break it down for you.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

37 minutes ago, Beer said:

Sheary on the first OT unit is questionable, Skinner should be in that spot

I think Sheary is faster than Skinner and they wanted to chase down the puckhandler if they lost the faceoff, which is pretty much what happened and we got the puck back right away.

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

Both incorrect and misleading. 

Incorrect in that 9 Sabres draft picks have played in the NHL since the 2014 draft (Reinhart, Lemieux, Olofsson, Eichel, Guhle, Borgen, Nylander, Mittelstadt, Dahlin) and only 6 from the 2013 draft (Ristolainen, Zadorov, Compher, Bailey, Baptiste, Malone).

Misleading for several reasons: the 2013 draft had an unusually high number of draft picks at 11, drafts from the previous 2-3 years can't realistically be expected to have the same NHL presence as one from 2013, the number of players who played in the NHL isn't a good measure of actual impact at the pro level, and highlighting the 2013 draft while omitting all of Regier's many other ATROCIOUS drafts only mitigates his role in the franchise's current quagmire.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.