Olofsson called Up

Brawndo

23 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

I was around <5% watching Thursday.  Now I'm 50/50. 

I was going to be flipping between the Sabres game and the Habs/CBJ game as that is essentially a "get into the playoffs" game. The only interest in the Sabres game I have is to see them continue to plummet in the standings. 

Please put him with a playmaker and keep him away from our bottom 12

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

I was going to be flipping between the Sabres game and the Habs/CBJ game as that is essentially a "get into the playoffs" game. The only interest in the Sabres game I have is to see them continue to plummet in the standings. 

Please put him with a playmaker and keep him away from our bottom 12

So that would be Eichel, right? Anybody else qualify? 

I think these call ups are foolish. The Amerks and Cyclones need to hit the playoffs with a full head of steam*. There’s no benefit to the Sabres current season. “Get a look at them” some people say. How accurate is the assessment when they’re playing with a group that’s already thrown in the towel? Isn’t the organization in better shape having these guys finishing a hard fought regular season with their team? We had the same scene last year. Call ups slowed the charge into the playoffs and they flamed out in the first round. I guess if you’re more desperate for ticket sales than long term success....

*a full head of steam is an old Operating Engineers term...ready to operate when the gauge hit 420...yup.

10 hours ago, Ogre said:

I think these call ups are foolish. The Amerks and Cyclones need to hit the playoffs with a full head of steam*. There’s no benefit to the Sabres current season. “Get a look at them” some people say. How accurate is the assessment when they’re playing with a group that’s already thrown in the towel? Isn’t the organization in better shape having these guys finishing a hard fought regular season with their team? We had the same scene last year. Call ups slowed the charge into the playoffs and they flamed out in the first round. I guess if you’re more desperate for ticket sales than long term success....

*a full head of steam is an old Operating Engineers term...ready to operate when the gauge hit 420...yup.

I disagree. The Amerks are cruising into the playoffs. Giving Olaffsson a taste of the NHL speed for a handful of games is going to improve his game. He's going to have to think and act faster up in the NHL. When he returns for the playoffs the AHL game will be a bit "slower" for him on the ice and he'll be better off for that.

7 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I disagree. The Amerks are cruising into the playoffs. Giving Olaffsson a taste of the NHL speed for a handful of games is going to improve his game. He's going to have to think and act faster up in the NHL. When he returns for the playoffs the AHL game will be a bit "slower" for him on the ice and he'll be better off for that.

It's also a motivational thing too.  It's good for the heads of these players to know that they've actually been rewarded for how they've played.  You're essentially dangling the carrot a little closer to their face, they've gotten closer to reaching their goal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.