Recent Pegula press conf 3/26

PASabreFan

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:55 PM, dudacek said:

Friedman and Marek had a segment on the Sabres on their podcast last week where the O’Reilly trade came up.

The context was Botterill and how Friedman sees him as an iron spine who is going to stick to his guns no matter what the fans or media might be saying. He said Botterill “got mad” at Ryan O’Reilly and “got it done.” I didn’t take “got mad” as a knee-jerk thing, but more as “I’ve had enough of your BS” thing

https://www.sportsnet.ca/podcasts/31-thoughts-podcast/march-21-2019-cracks-maple-leafs-armour/

Sabres start around the 20 minute mark.

If his temperament is that poor that he let his personal feelings impact his decision making to the point that he accepted that garbage offer from St. Louis just because that was the best deal he could get prior to paying out his bonus then GMJB needs to be XGMJB.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:00 AM, dudacek said:

Interesting choices: a mistake-prone defenceman, and a goal scorer who has scored once in the past 20 games, coincidentally the 20 games we have gone 3-17 and watched the season turn from "starting to disappoint" to "we are the worst team in hockey"

No one should escape accountability.

Have to disagree on Dahlin. I don't think he bears any blame for this season, as he's done more than we could reasonably expect of an 18 year old D man, on this team. And the expectations were lofty with him, to begin with.

38 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Have to disagree on Dahlin. I don't think he bears any blame for this season, as he's done more than we could reasonably expect of an 18 year old D man, on this team. And the expectations were lofty with him, to begin with.

I agree with that.  I don't know how you can throw a lot of blame at Dahlin for anything, particularly when you consider he will have played the entire season at age 18!  He has made mistakes and had some rough nights, but good Lord, he's 18!  He's done a lot right too and his offensive numbers are elite for a kid aged 18.

He's only going to get bigger, stronger, and much better, and when he "arrives" he's going to be fantastic. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.