GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

I guess it just points to the dysfunction with the organization when you go through coaches and GM's . One GM trades for Kane , the next one may not see him as a valuable player, leads to what we have now.

The answer is to NOT hire a GM who is stupid enough to trade top 6 forwards for nothing, 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Housley is a travesty but Botterill deserves a lot of the blame.  Exhibit A: trading one of the better centers in the league for a quitter, a loser, and a guy who should have been in Rochester a good part of the year.

Botteril should be fired for wasting 2 years of Middlestadts ELC

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I won't disagree with you, but the viewpoint that we should lose out for a better pick is not even one I'm dismissing. Just saying that there's a trade off. Better the pick, the worse the team is. It's an inverse ratio and always has been, that's literally why the draft is structured the way it is, aside from the lottery  

There are good players out there.  Tanking for “better picks” will kill your culture.  

We got Reinhart, other teams  got Drisital, Pasternak, Point and Arvidsson 

We got Eichel,  other teams got Marner, Rantenen, Aho, Boeser, 

We not Nylander,  others got Sergachev, McAvoy, Jost, 

The chronic losing must stop.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don’t believe he meant that. They are just spewing out catchphrases at this point because they have nothing left to say.

Thank you. I debated saying the same thing. 

I wish everyone who hangs on the words of these garbage post-game interviews would just ask themselves what they expect them to say at this point. 

Go watch Bull Durham for heavens sake. They were making fun of athlete interviews 35 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

There are good players out there.  Tanking for “better picks” will kill your culture.  

Absolutely, let’s start that in October 

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I agree, I wasn't arguing that. I was arguing against the idea that these games are meaningless, which I think is wrong no matter what side of the coin you fall on. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

I guess it just points to the dysfunction with the organization when you go through coaches and GM's . One GM trades for Kane , the next one may not see him as a valuable player, leads to what we have now.

He's not the reason they finished last.

Next thing you'll be trying to convince us is that he's the reason that the Blues are good.....NOT!!!

23 minutes ago, freester said:

Botteril should be fired for wasting 2 years of Middlestadts ELC

Or fired for allowing  his agent to force his hand and burn the first of three last year.  Totally taken advantage of.  Physically not ready.  He should be in Roch and his entry level should be sliding.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Can they fire Phil Housley please. They have totally quit on him. This team is pathetic!

No reason for firing today.  He's not a good head coach, not many men are.  However, he is an alumni and a seemingly decent guy.  No need to embarrass him more than his team already has.  I'm sure he feels the failure of his team more than we do.  Let him finish the season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Listening to Pegula...great guy..but wow is he clueless...holy cow

He has been since day one.  Makes me want to go into the fracking business.  How hard can it be?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

But I think ROR, leading the Blues in scoring this season, has played a big role in their success. It would be hard to deny that.

Blues had 94 points last year. This year they have 90 with 6 games to go. Not that different really. So I guess that means ROR is neutral? 

Gonna say the same thing as before, since all the ROR fans say the same thing over and over,  we didn't win with him, we were worse, so thinking we'd be winning if we still had him is ridiculous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.