GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Two things I learned tonight:

Casey Mittelstadt didn't benefit from watching a game from the stands.

It's not not Ristolainen's fault.

Really have to criticize management for the handling of Mittelstadt this season. After a few late season games, he was expected to replace ROR as our 2nd line center. He clearly wasn't ready. They should have realized that.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Will that make them play better defense, will it make the goalies stop more shots, our forwards score.... There isn't enough talent on this team.There hasn't been in years and whether you agree with the moves or not, we traded 2 of our better forwards and pretty much got nothing in return.

Do you really think Kane would have re-signed with the Sabres in the offseason?

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

I think the worst part about this entire situation is that there is 0 and I mean 0 chance this team has any hopes to sniff the playoffs next year either.

I don’t know if we could break 80 points... Ottawa will be back in the playoffs before us 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Of course, he, skinner and reinhart carried this team alone for months.  You can see all 3 are Mentally and physically drained. 

It's hockey. The get paid a lot to play, they should still be scoring. 

That's not the same as blaming them for the state of the team, of course. 

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

Knew I could come onto the board after watching this game and see everyone having an absolute mental meltdown. 

What do you expect? We’ve won 14 of the past 51 games?  We are nearing unprecedented territory.  Nobody is melting down it’s reality. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos1963 said:

If they offered him a contract , possibly. But that wasn't my point- we got ***** for him and we needed help this season.

I think you're way more optimistic than me. Kane was gone.

So we either lose him for nothing, or we trade him as a rental to a playoff team.

What do you think the going rate for a rental with a history of issues is?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.