GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

This might be why you'd do it. OTOH letting him coach out the string lets him maintain a bit of dignity.

I would love it if Phil pulled a Herb Brooks and made them skate until they puke after the next practice.  

I am more pissed at the players than at Phil. 

Something is wrong. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Terry seems be oblivious

he's just a fan that happened to earn a few billion dollars and bought his favorite teams. Think of all the stupid fans you sat next to at Bills or Sabres games over the years. He could have easily been one of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, freester said:

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but Botteril has been such a disaster with his personnel moves that the team has regressed from a talent perspective. 

I think a lot will depend on what the expectations were. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

They didn't for Rex

Rex requested to leave when Tyrod was benched for EJ in the last week so the Bills wouldn't have to be on the hook for $27M guaranteed for injury. That decision wasn't his, and he asked if he and his brother could be dismissed immediately.

7 minutes ago, freester said:

I think the only way Botteril survives this season is if in fact he didn’t hire Housley. If Pegula insisted on Housley than Botteril is safe. Otherwise he should be gone with Housley. No quality experienced coach will want to come to this quagmire. 

100% agree 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Terry seems be oblivious

Terry is oblivious.  

Murray and Bylsma  get canned for “communication”.   Bots and Phil get props for “communication”.    

The product on ice remains putrid. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

We have not won in regulation since February 23.  Let that sink in a minute.  It’s March 26.  How do people not lose their jobs?  This is going into unprecedented territory now. 

It's doubtful they'll have back to back regulation wins in any month but October. LIkely no back to back wins at all for final 4 months of year.

Just now, Thorny said:

It's doubtful they'll have back to back regulation wins in any month but October. LIkely no back to back wins at all for final 4 months of year.

Yup.  It’s mind blowing when you look at the stats and facts.  The entire FO needs to be relived immediately.  That is beyond comprehension. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Rex requested to leave when Tyrod was benched for EJ in the last week so the Bills wouldn't have to be on the hook for $27M guaranteed for injury. That decision wasn't his, and he asked if he and his brother could be dismissed immediately.

He said if you're going to fire me , fire me now. - I'm not sure  'requested to leave' is the right way to phrase it, but i really don't care. He would rather have not been fired.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.